STAR TREK 2d20

Labeling Entries In Fantasy Ground Unity

So I am building a custom module based on a PDF adventure I have for 5e. I am labeling each entry in the story tab as the following

(First Adventure Main Story)
    1.0 First Act: Abandoned Mine
    1.1 Abandoned Mine Locations

At this point I start labeling each entry on the Abandoned Mine map

1.1.1 Mine Entrance
    1.1.2 Abandoned Repository

And so on. However, once I get to location 10, FGU puts it as if it comes after location 1. So it looks like this

1.1.1 Mine Entrance
    1.1.10 Monster's Grotto

And so on. Not only does it show up like this in the table of contents, but when I use the arrows on the bottom of each story entry, #10 comes after #1. I've even tried labeling them like this to see if that helped

1.1.1. Mine Entrance
    1.1.2. Abandoned Repository

etc. I've added in a . at the end of each numbered entry but that does not help either. While it's not a HUGE deal because I can just click on the pins on the map, I would like like to have it organized correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I use double digits to make mine list in the correct order. If you use 01.00 First Act: Abandoned Mine and then 01.01 Abandoned Mine Locations, it will allows for the use of 01.10 to be after 01.09. You may have to use 001 if there are going to be more than 100 locations.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

FG uses lexicographic sorting for this, meaning that the strings are sorted by comparing the characters at the same position.

Therefore all withe the string with the same character at the same position will be grouped together and in this group then be next grouped by the next character and then so on

for your example
    1.1.1 Mine Entrance
    1.1.10 Monster's Grotto

Als strings start wit 1.1. so the real sorting would start at the 4th character resulting in two subgroups

Group 1
    1.1.1 Mine Entrance
    1.1.10 Monster's Grotto

Group 2

in each group subsorting will now start at the 5th character

To circumvent this, one should use the numbering format proposed by daggerfortysix:
    Use leading zeroes to keep your numbers at the start of the string in a format that is always the same length across all strings.

01.01.01 Mine Entrance
    01.01.02 Abandoned Repository
    01.01.10 Monster's Grotto

You guys rock. That worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Blog Entries
    Also be aware, imo you should also have a logical name for the groups that you put the story entries into. This is because when you have multiple modules loaded that might have similar story entries you will want to be able to distinguish easily which module they are from. For me, I like to preface the group name with an acronym or similar for the module.

So, rather than using groups like "Introduction" "Background" or "Encounters", I use a prefix for the adventure. Such as if I am creating a campaign called 'Balance Disturbed', then I would name my groups "BD-Introduction", "BD-Background" etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information