5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FGC: Effects coding possibly breaking due to old extension? Unrelated script error?

Situation: was using the original 5E Roll for Initiative (5e Request Roll Extension by Stalker) but two weeks ago it stopped loading the PCs and and I could not get it working (multiple restarts; load w/o extension, close, load with extension).

So I grabbed the refreshed version (Request Rolls from Players by Houndy) and used it tonight - seemed to work like a charm in-game, but there was a bug when players connected.

For the first time all the players got an error on entry:
    Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete.
    Runtime Notice: s'Local Dice Tower Extension 5E ruleset supported.'
    Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_extension_manager_lua"]:32: attempt to index a nil value

(I presume the first two are background and only appear because of the script error).

Of course it's possible it's another extension (running about a dozen) but this is the only one that changed week-to-week.

It did not seem to impact the game - but if there is a way to figure out the bug I'd like to.

Now the weird part that I'm not sure is related. Via the Advanced Effects extension was trying to code a Cloak of Protection so it would auto-add to the combat tracker.

Simplest example: PC who is not proficient with STR saves; 10 STR (so no bonus).
    The only reason I'm wondering if it's the 'request rolls' extension it because I'd not seen the popup before when rolling a Save from the character sheet as while logged-on as DM (though same result as a player)

When I roll the vanilla save from the first tab on the character sheet, it would roll a d20 with no modifiers (expected result).
    As my Advanced Effect was not working (reacting as below) I removed it and manually added an effect in the Combat Tracker to see how it would react. I added:
    SAVE:1
    So in Combat Tracker it's displaying "Effects: SAVE:1"

When I roll the STR save after applying this effect the chat box shows:
    [SAVE]Strength[EFFECTS +1][EFFECTS+1] and show a +2 modifier to the roll. So something is counting twice. I tried with AC:1 and it worked normally.

So I may have multiple things going on here - but any tips to start narrowing down where to look would be great.

Thanks

QUICK REPLY: Narrowing it down with testing. Tried loading without a couple of extensions to no avail. But then under OPTIONS I found this setting for the "Roll for Initiative Addon"

Manual Save Rolls PC

With it set to 'off' rolling a STR save on a new+blank (all stats 10) character sheet worked. Having "Effect:SAVE:1" in the combat tracker resulted in just that.
    But with Manual Save Rolls PC set to 'on' I got the immediate result above:
    [SAVE]Strength[EFFECTS +1][EFFECTS+1] and show a +2 modifier to the roll.

So something is double-counting the effect. Any way to tell if it's inherent in the extension itself, or it if's instead conflicting with another extension?

PS: disabling only this extension also removed the script error on entry - so thinking I found the culprit and now hope it's not too daunting to see it fixed.
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; July 1st, 2020 at 07:59.

If you have an issue with an extension post your problem in the thread related to that extension.

As part of your testing you should test in a new campaign without any extensions to see if you can replicate the issue. If you cannot then the issue is with another extension that you have loaded. If you have a dozen extension loaded then there is every likelihood of a conflict somewhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information