DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Flurry of Blows

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Either manually work it out and apply the correct effect.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects

Or, use this effect (applied from the PC actions tab): AC:4 status; AC: [-DEX] Then apply that to the PC once they're in the combat tracker. When first applied, the DEX will be substituted for the PC dex bonus at the time - so you may need to adjust that once the effect is in the CT if the DEX bonus changes for any reason.
    I used this effect that I created in the PC actions tab and it doesn't seem to be actually changing the AC. I must be doing something wrong. Is there any way someone can help me figure out what that is? I have attached a screenshot of how I have set it up. The AC is showing in the combat tracker as 17 and on the Character Sheet. My math says the AC should be 19. 10+5(Unarmored)+4(MS)+0(Dex)=19. Without MS it should be 10+5(Armor)+2(Dex)=17. I have tried applying the effect after adding the PC to the combat tracker.
    Fantasy Grounds 7_1_2020 8_57_55 PM.png

Effects don't adjust the displayed AC. Trying rolling an attack roll against the PC - you should see the correct AC is used.

I have tried that and it an attack still hit with a 17. I'm starting a 5e game so I won't be able to double check that I read that correctly until later. Thanks.

As mentioned, effects don't change values on the character sheet, they trigger when an action is carried out - in this case an attack against the AC of the creature with the effect. The chat window should report [DEF EFFECTS: -2] (or similar) in the attack string.

If this is not working for you, are you running any extensions? If os, try disabling them. If not, please provide a screenshot showing the combat tracker (with the effects) and the chat window showing the roll result.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I double checked and it is working correctly. Thanks for the help and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Illyunkas View Post
    I double checked and it is working correctly. Thanks for the help and patience.
    Cool!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Alternatively you can add another weapon action that mimics the original attack, but uses double its damage dice and double the damage modifier. When both attacks hit you use the damage of the alternative weapon action.

When only one of the attacks crit you still need to use the procedure outlined by Trenloe, though.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 3rd, 2020 at 00:43.

Does adding the first damage roll to the modifier stack save the damage types with it? I'm guessing not. This mean if you are using two different weapons (Twin Takedown, for example), combining the two damage rolls this way will mess up the amount of damage for each damage type dealt. I'm not sure how this could be done. Probably has to be manual.

You can also create an action entry for twin takedown weapons. You then combine two dice rolls with corresponding damage types into one action. The only problem remaining is when only one of the two rolls crits, which might be easiest for the GM to just adjust manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Does adding the first damage roll to the modifier stack save the damage types with it? I'm guessing not. This mean if you are using two different weapons (Twin Takedown, for example), combining the two damage rolls this way will mess up the amount of damage for each damage type dealt. I'm not sure how this could be done. Probably has to be manual.
    I checked this. The combined damage gets the damage type of the latter weapon being rolled.

Frankly, I don't even know how this is supposed to work in the book?! One alternative interpretation would be that the whole combined strike gets the combined weapon traits of both weapons. So my earlier screenshot of a "Twin Takedown Example" would have to be corrected to get all weapon traits on all rolls. This would be worse than just attacking twice with the non-resisted weapon or leaving damage type per roll. So the GM has to decide how to do this. Overall it seems like a bad idea to use Twin Takedown against foes with applicable resistances.

As a feature request to Trenloe I would like to have a keyboard modifier for untargeted rolls. Something like CTRL+click to roll attack/damage untargeted, similar to how SHIFT+click rolls critical damage. This would make the modifier roll easier.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 3rd, 2020 at 12:15.

Thread Information