FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No, this is the right forum. We're just trying to explore what might be happening. This thread is the first time I've heard of this.

* Can you connect with the external IP directly?
    * Do you have any Internet filtering programs that might possibly rewrite or intercept network communication? (malware blockers, ad blockers, parental controls, etc.)

Regards,
    JPG

People connect with my ip address just fine. I have ports forwarded in my router. And I do have malwarebytes premium. I could try adding an exception but the alias worked until a couple weeks ago. And I have had malwarebytes the whole time.

Added it as an exception in malwarebytes and still a problem.

In the past Malwarebytes was causing sever issues with FG specifically when some kind of high level security was switched on (I can't remember the exact details). The issue was solved by Malwarebytes whitelisting FG (I believe) but it is possible that some update to that software or some new security setting is the root of the problem. You could try temporarily disabling Malwarebytes (if you can do that of course) and see if that fixes the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

just turned malwarebytes completely off and friend still couldnt connect with alias, but could connect just fine with ip address.

Did you try creating a new alias with Malewarebytes off. It seems that something is preventing the alias from being constructed properly, hence the reason it is returning blank. Your current alias is not returning the correct IP address, so it will continue to malfunction I think until you create one that does return the correct address.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have no problem getting updates and I am an rcn customer.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one.

The alias system on our server is not showing 255.255.255.255 anywhere in the database for an alias. Also, I looked at the resolver code as well as the launch screen code, and it would end up with an empty string if there was an issue (not 255.255.255.255).

Is this only happening for a specific user/users; or for any user that tries to connect to you? Perhaps you can PM me when your server is up some time, and I can try using alias?

Regards,
    JPG

its happening for everyone, and I pmed you the info thanks.

Thread Information