DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: Shops

Thank you for that! It was challenging to find the one thing that was not identified.

Later today I will be releasing a new ID All extension on DMsGuild. It will be Free/Pay What you Want that adds buttons to the parcels and party sheet with a one click, ID all button just like the one I did in shops.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

This is a really cool module/extension. The only issue I have with it is that I use the Savage Worlds rules and when I add weapons or armor to the store they become 'items' deleting all their information other than their name, weight and price. Is there some way I can modify this to work with SWADE?

Oh and I'm using Unity if that's the reason.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    This is a really cool module/extension. The only issue I have with it is that I use the Savage Worlds rules and when I add weapons or armor to the store they become 'items' deleting all their information other than their name, weight and price. Is there some way I can modify this to work with SWADE?

Oh and I'm using Unity if that's the reason.
    SWADE did things very differently than how CoreRPG works. There isnt a way to make it compatible with both the standard CoreRPG methods and SWADE, at least not that I've found. It would have to be redesigned specifically for SWADE and how it handles items.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Bought! Excited, as this looks to do what my favorite part of Dulox-Oz's locations extention once did!

This means it could work AMAZINGLY alongside my content generator mod!!! If it does, do you mind me putting a plug for your extension on the description of my mod? Here it is for reference:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...generator+2020

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Bought! Excited, as this looks to do what my favorite part of Dulox-Oz's locations extention once did!

This means it could work AMAZINGLY alongside my content generator mod!!! If it does, do you mind me putting a plug for your extension on the description of my mod? Here it is for reference:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...generator+2020
    Awesome. I hope you like it. If you do, I would love for you to plug it on your mod. I use your mod myself and love it!

thanks

Ok already tested it and it’s dope. I’ll add the plug for it on my mods post here shortly.

Feature suggestion: can the shop have a GM-only “Shop Notes” tab? Then my generated shop story link could be dropped into it and BOOM you have a one-stop, um, well... shop.

Workflow-wise I could open your shop ext, generate a shop & inventory with my mod, drag the items from the generated shop to your ext window, and then drag the generated shop details to a notes tab.

Then when it’s time to play, I just open the shop from your extension and everything I could every possibly want to know or do with the shop is right there in the same window.

Just a suggestion, as it’s a feature I looked for right off the bat.

I figured it was something like that. Pity, because this would really make running my campaigns online a lot easier. Still, they party members can 'go shopping' pay for things, have them in their inventory and then I'll share the items with them so that they can put them in the proper places (weapons, armor, and items).

If you ever get the urge to update this for SWADE I'd be happy to promote the daylights out of it.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by JimSocks View Post
    Ok already tested it and it’s dope. I’ll add the plug for it on my mods post here shortly.

Feature suggestion: can the shop have a GM-only “Shop Notes” tab? Then my generated shop story link could be dropped into it and BOOM you have a one-stop, um, well... shop.

Workflow-wise I could open your shop ext, generate a shop & inventory with my mod, drag the items from the generated shop to your ext window, and then drag the generated shop details to a notes tab.

Then when it’s time to play, I just open the shop from your extension and everything I could every possibly want to know or do with the shop is right there in the same window.

Just a suggestion, as it’s a feature I looked for right off the bat.
    I'll take a look at that. Its a good idea. I'm not sure if you saw, but you can drop a parcel onto the shop to instantly populate it. So if your tables produce a parcel, its one drag/drop to fill the entire shop of items.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I'll take a look at that. Its a good idea. I'm not sure if you saw, but you can drop a parcel onto the shop to instantly populate it. So if your tables produce a parcel, its one drag/drop to fill the entire shop of items.
    I DID notice that, and it got me thinking about it immediately. The tables DON’T output a parcel right now, as individual item generation maximizes inventory randomness and variety, but do DMs really NEED the variety granularity this method is providing? Or would they be just as happy having less variability between shop inventory, but being handed a convenient parcel instead?

The more I’m thinking about it... why not have your cake and eat it, too? I could add a parcel output that’s less variable (but still is to a degree, randomish), and just leave the existing output intact as well, giving the end user the option of using whichever they liked.

This would mean a shop provides two completely different inventory options, but it would give the end user flexibility of choice on which suits them better.

I think I might dig into that.

Thread Information