DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last

Thread: Shops

Quote Originally Posted by Alanrockid View Post
    Is it possible to have auto generated shops based on tables? I like to random generate the shops of the cities visited by players... when its a big city, its very time consuming to generate every store (i still have to create the shop, roll the corresponding table, drags it's contents to the store and fix the items that should not be added to the inventory or infinite stock ones). It would be sweet if we could auto generate a shop with a table (like... a "shop" output along with story, chat, parcels...) and have some code to specify that a item should be ticked to have it not added to the inventory, or have infinite stock. Is it something that could be done?
    You can using this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...generator-2020!

You will have to transfer the content by hand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    Aside from editing entries 1 by 1, is there an easy way to set the count of all items in a shop as -1? I created a shop with all the possible (I think) material components and don't look forward to having to edit the few hundred entries.

EDIT:
    As long as I'm putting in a feature request:
    1. Ability to set all items in shop to -1 or 1 (in case I fat finger).
    - Better yet, ability to set selected items to a specific value by groups and not 1 by 1
    2. Ability to switch the sorting of items in a shop by Item Name and Price.
    3. Ability to create "sections" within a shop and force items into those sections
    - For example, have an Inn with a separate section for Food, Drink and Lodging

EDIT 2:
    Also, please talk me out of doing this by editing the db.xml directly. Looks like I could copy out sections and do a search and replace by section. Seems entirely possible, but prone to fat fingering.
    The way I would do it is to edit the db.xml. Make sure FG is not running, make a backup of the db.xml in case you mess something up, then do a find/replace.

Sorting by price will not happen. The extension is designed to work across multiple rulesets, and each one can have a different monetary system. So the extension does not have any understanding of the value of different coins. It doesnt know that a cp is worth less than a gp.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    The way I would do it is to edit the db.xml. Make sure FG is not running, make a backup of the db.xml in case you mess something up, then do a find/replace.

Sorting by price will not happen. The extension is designed to work across multiple rulesets, and each one can have a different monetary system. So the extension does not have any understanding of the value of different coins. It doesnt know that a cp is worth less than a gp.
    Finally got around to my db.xml edits. Everything works fine now.

A few tips for anybody needing to do this:

1. Stop Fantasy Grounds and make a backup copy of your db.xml
    2. Get a tool designed for editing XML or similar file types (I used Notepad++)
    3. Look for bounded sections that start with <shopitemlist> and ends with </shopitemlist>
    4. Use your editor to mark the bounded section and do a replace of
    <count type="number">1</count>
    with
    <count type="number">-1</count>
    5. Repeat for all shops (a few lines above each <shopitemlist> should be a string with the name of the shop)
    6. Start Fantasy Grounds, check your work and look for any anomalies (if problems are found, stop Fantasy Grounds and revert to your saved db.xml)

Step 6 should not be optional unless you are willing to be completely confused later on when you run your next game.

If you are using Notepad++, do keep in mind you need to save your edits as they do not get applied until this step.

I'll take this extension over a latte every day of the week. $6 on DMsGuild? Take my money! Great extension!

Wish list:
    1) When an item reaches 0 inventory, hide the row from the player. Once they're gone, they're gone! Get 'em while they're hot! I might delete the row, or leave it there for replenishment, but showing 0 to the next player character bums them out.
    2) I may have dropped a few too many parcels in to the shop. I got excited. Wish I could flush the inventory in game w/o having to destroy the shop.
    3) Multi-select and ID selections. Not a big deal really, unless you were an overzealous GM that added hundreds of items. Really should name the shop Amazon; this dude has everything!

Just to check how the buy works.
    - Presume it stops them buying if they don't have enough money in their inventory?
    - Does it just check gold amount or work across currencies? e.g. if cost is 40gp and player has 4pp it will work?
    - It automatically deducts from the players coin amount in their inventory, correct?
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    - Presume it stops them buying if they don't have enough money in their inventory?
    - Does it just check gold amount or work across currencies? e.g. if cost is 40gp and player has 4pp it will work?
    - It automatically deducts from the players coin amount in their inventory, correct?
    No
    No
    Yes

If it costs say 4pp, it will remove 4pp. If you have 1000 gold and 0pp. The person will be at -4pp.

The extension is generic and works across many different rulesets, each of which has its own monetary system. As such, it does not prevent purchasing, it will mark the money as negative if necessary. It does not check the amount of money and does not make change.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks both. Is there an option to turn off the money deduction so I could use something like Mad Nomad's coin manager instead to do it?

To answer my own question there isn't an option. I now own it and is a great time saver.
    Could I request this to become an option please?
    Last edited by graphil; August 23rd, 2021 at 13:18.
    Graphil

Just to double check. It is fine to have 2 players each opening a different shop and buying stuff, just not the same shop. Is that correct?
    Graphil

Just to double check. It is fine to have 2 players each opening a different shop and buying stuff, just not the same shop. Is that correct?
    yes, 2 diff shops are ok.
    If they in the same shop, they will be using the same "cart" and only 1 can pay =P

Thread Information