DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

Thread: Shops

Would be amazing if we could randomly generate a shop based on criteria...for example a weapons shop that specializes in small arms, a shop that specializes in armor, etc. Could have item level filters (e.g. Starfinder), etc. Just throwing that out to the multiverse
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Also, being able to sell bundles would be great (e.g. an explorers backpack that would have everything in it, but would only be a single line item....
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Would be amazing if we could randomly generate a shop based on criteria...for example a weapons shop that specializes in small arms, a shop that specializes in armor, etc. Could have item level filters (e.g. Starfinder), etc. Just throwing that out to the multiverse
    You can do this right now. You use a table to roll up a parcel and drag the parcel into the shop to populate it. It can be as simple or complex a table as you like. The shops example module comes with a potion shop generator table example
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Also, being able to sell bundles would be great (e.g. an explorers backpack that would have everything in it, but would only be a single line item....
    I looked into this but could not get it to work well. The ability for an item to manage sub items is very poorly supported and attempts to copy the item record cause the record to be destroyed and the sub items to be added instead.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Is it possible to have auto generated shops based on tables? I like to random generate the shops of the cities visited by players... when its a big city, its very time consuming to generate every store (i still have to create the shop, roll the corresponding table, drags it's contents to the store and fix the items that should not be added to the inventory or infinite stock ones). It would be sweet if we could auto generate a shop with a table (like... a "shop" output along with story, chat, parcels...) and have some code to specify that a item should be ticked to have it not added to the inventory, or have infinite stock. Is it something that could be done?
    "A saint does what is right. A leader does what is necessary."

I own this, and love it! I love how amazed my players are when they start going through the store and talking about the items that I have added or listen to them arguing over "who saw the item first". One request I would have, and maybe this has been brought up or maybe it exists and I missed it. A way that the characters could sell items from their inventory in these stores. I have a workaround right now, but it would be awesome if it could be done in one place.

Its not something I am planning on adding. With the ability to generate parcels and populate shops with those parcels, you can do nearly all of that already.

Quote Originally Posted by koriley View Post
    I own this, and love it! I love how amazed my players are when they start going through the store and talking about the items that I have added or listen to them arguing over "who saw the item first". One request I would have, and maybe this has been brought up or maybe it exists and I missed it. A way that the characters could sell items from their inventory in these stores. I have a workaround right now, but it would be awesome if it could be done in one place.
    Thats a feature I have been evaluating, but I do not have it implemented yet.

Aside from editing entries 1 by 1, is there an easy way to set the count of all items in a shop as -1? I created a shop with all the possible (I think) material components and don't look forward to having to edit the few hundred entries.

EDIT:
    As long as I'm putting in a feature request:
    1. Ability to set all items in shop to -1 or 1 (in case I fat finger).
    - Better yet, ability to set selected items to a specific value by groups and not 1 by 1
    2. Ability to switch the sorting of items in a shop by Item Name and Price.
    3. Ability to create "sections" within a shop and force items into those sections
    - For example, have an Inn with a separate section for Food, Drink and Lodging

EDIT 2:
    Also, please talk me out of doing this by editing the db.xml directly. Looks like I could copy out sections and do a search and replace by section. Seems entirely possible, but prone to fat fingering.
    Last edited by Minethulhu; April 8th, 2021 at 05:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    Aside from editing entries 1 by 1, is there an easy way to set the count of all items in a shop as -1? I created a shop with all the possible (I think) material components and don't look forward to having to edit the few hundred entries.

EDIT:
    As long as I'm putting in a feature request:
    1. Ability to set all items in shop to -1 or 1 (in case I fat finger).
    - Better yet, ability to set selected items to a specific value by groups and not 1 by 1
    2. Ability to switch the sorting of items in a shop by Item Name and Price.
    3. Ability to create "sections" within a shop and force items into those sections
    - For example, have an Inn with a separate section for Food, Drink and Lodging

EDIT 2:
    Also, please talk me out of doing this by editing the db.xml directly. Looks like I could copy out sections and do a search and replace by section. Seems entirely possible, but prone to fat fingering.
    I would 2nd those!

Thread Information