DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213

Thread: Shops

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    Just to double check. It is fine to have 2 players each opening a different shop and buying stuff, just not the same shop. Is that correct?
    Correct. You can only have 1 person purchasing from a store at a time. Technically more than one player can be browsing a store at the same time, but whoever clicks purchase will take everything in the cart, which is why its usually better to have them access it one at a time. But there is no issue if the players are looking/purchasing from different stores.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Thats a feature I have been evaluating, but I do not have it implemented yet.
    The moment this feature is added I will 100% buy this extension.

Purchasing items is rarely the issue for my group. They're a little stingy with their money but they're also fairly self-sufficient as a group. What becomes as an issue is when they come to sell items they've looted. That can be a chore. I'd love to have a store that contains all the items from the PHB and then allows me to set a percentage of value. i.e there needs to be a box where I can set it to 50% and they can sell the items for 50% of the PHB value.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Correct. You can only have 1 person purchasing from a store at a time. Technically more than one player can be browsing a store at the same time, but whoever clicks purchase will take everything in the cart, which is why its usually better to have them access it one at a time. But there is no issue if the players are looking/purchasing from different stores.
    Dumb question: How exactly do I get a PC "into" the store, per se? I assume it's just "looking" at a shared screen that they can then interact with? If there's more to it than that, I'd love to hear how that works. It's a great idea, and I have created a really cool Tavern with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    Dumb question: How exactly do I get a PC "into" the store, per se? I assume it's just "looking" at a shared screen that they can then interact with? If there's more to it than that, I'd love to hear how that works. It's a great idea, and I have created a really cool Tavern with it.
    You just share the store with the players by right clicking and select share record. that will open the shop on the players end. If you want to open it just for a single player, you can drag the shop link to the players portrait
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Great. I wouldn't have thought of the drag and drop approach. Having a game tonight, so your prompt reply really helps!!! Thanks!!

Shop works so well. I used it as a bar and restaurant, even with a "vegan Drow" menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylan Storm View Post
    The moment this feature is added I will 100% buy this extension.

Purchasing items is rarely the issue for my group. They're a little stingy with their money but they're also fairly self-sufficient as a group. What becomes as an issue is when they come to sell items they've looted. That can be a chore. I'd love to have a store that contains all the items from the PHB and then allows me to set a percentage of value. i.e there needs to be a box where I can set it to 50% and they can sell the items for 50% of the PHB value.
    There is so much fun to be had with this Extension. I love it. I keep trying to find new places to use it. I created an entire bar just to be able to build different menus for different types of PC's. Each one gets their own menu, and we all watch what they decide to eat and drink on the Chat Box. I also love that some items are carry-out. I have a super tasty crumble-cake specialty which is now in the inventory of each of my PCs.

Too dang funny. Great Extension.

I did figure out how to have multiple people viewing the store at the same time. I just created a copy store to offer, which also allowed me to create different menus, as I mentioned above. Just wanted to say thanks for the great Extension again.

Does the interaction with credits only work for SF? I am using the FFG Star Wars ruleset and defined currency as Credits. Price fields are just numbers in items (1000 instead of 1000 Credits.) I tried adding to the cart as a player but the total price does not increment and is also not deducted from the character's inventory.

Thread Information