5E Character Create Playlist

Could you please change the html for campaign management slightly.

Hey,

Could you please change the html type for a couple of fields for campaign management (Find Games -> Manage Campaign(s) ).
    Namely for the Description and Genre fields.

<input type="text">

to

<textarea rows="x" cols="y">

Such a simple ten minute change that shouldn't change anything in how you handle the input, but would make typing and editing the text so much easier for those fields that often take multiple lines.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 30th, 2020 at 02:29.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Great suggestion. I updated it to allow multi-line in the descriptions and this now displays on the various screens.

Since I was in there, I also put in a placeholder for a bunch of recommended info to provide for a brand new campaign. Let me know what you think.

Brilliant, thank you, much better!

Good idea about the suggested campaign description text for new campaigns.

Do you think making the Setting a textarea of a similar layout as the Genre one might be good to?
    Just thinking of it now, for those cases when it's not a well known campaign setting, or homebrew, and the DM wants to write up a summary for the players to paint a picture?

ps. As for the current changes only thing I noticed is a tiny thing. Seems that you might have missed making the Genre field a textarea for when making a new campaign. It's looking great when you go to Edit a campaign.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 30th, 2020 at 18:00.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    I fixed the genre field on new campaign entry. We can revisit Setting in the future if it makes sense. I was on the fence about whether genre would really benefit from multi-line text or not.

I concur, it was mainly the description field that this change benefited.
    There have been some occasions that I ran out of space when describing the genre, but if it's a few words only then it's fine.

Down the line I suppose you could switch the genre for selectable tags, from a preselect options list. To allow for advanced searching for games of such genres. But that's neither here nor there, this is great for now.

As for a single line for settings, similar to the above. I suppose one could always use the description field for more world details instead.
    I just like to throw out ideas, then you guys can pick and choose what best fits with your overall vision going forward.

Next step could be to add RTF functionality to the description field, then we're really talking. But that would take more work, and no doubt better looked at down the line when you refine your game finding section.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 30th, 2020 at 21:55.

Thread Information