DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Base HP Box

Base HP Box

Hi all

I wanted to share some little extension with you, one of my players did it (xBzGrumpyCat but he normally doesn't write here and he gave me the permission to upload it)

This extension adds an additional HP box in your character sheet (see the attached image). This box is just a reference field for the actual maximal hitpoints without buffs and debuffs etc and it is not automated, so, only for manually manipulation The idea behind it: Often one has e.g. a CON buff or debuff and this does affect the HP, too. So one has to change the actual hitpoints in the HP box. But when the buff or debuff is over one has to adjust the HP again and it may happen that one doesn't think about that (e.g. the gaming session ends with a fight and a rest, so the start of the next session would be a rest and then one may already have forgotten that there was some change in the HP box). One could use the Temp box but temporary hit points can not be healed, so when they are lost they are lost and not respected by the heal button (When I understood it correctly (?) )

Our group uses this box as a reference field to check whether one has the correct amount of hit points at the moment but, as I said, it is not connected (yet) with the automated change of HP by leveling a class, it has to be adjusted manually

Feel free to use and to change it

Best wishes,

Kelrugem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 6th, 2019 at 18:14.

I just replaced the .ext file It is only a minor change: In the db.xml file of your campaign the value of the base hp box is now displayed under the "<hp> [...] </hp>" section of the characters as the other values of the HP stuff

I was fooling around trying to do something similar for Ability score. I realize that you can have effects alter the ability scores for rolls and such. But I'd like to be able to track the actual Ability scores and keep the base visible. Group I am running is about to hit the haunted house part of Rise of the Runelords and many of the haunts cause Ability Drain. STR: [-1d6] works in effects with the proper extensions...however it doesn't work with MULTI: STR: [-1d6] (nor does it claim to work that way but I tried just to make sure).

Anyway, I was able to shift the ability score labels left to make room for an additional field but couldn't actually add a field due to ignorance.

EDIT: To be clear I had the same usability in mind. Nothing automated, no calculation of bonus. Simply reference to what Ability score should go back to when ability score is healed.
    Last edited by mozmonar; May 15th, 2020 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I was fooling around trying to do something similar for Ability score. I realize that you can have effects alter the ability scores for rolls and such. But I'd like to be able to track the actual Ability scores and keep the base visible. Group I am running is about to hit the haunted house part of Rise of the Runelords and many of the haunts cause Ability Drain. STR: [-1d6] works in effects with the proper extensions...however it doesn't work with MULTI: STR: [-1d6] (nor does it claim to work that way but I tried just to make sure).

Anyway, I was able to shift the ability score labels left to make room for an additional field but couldn't actually add a field due to ignorance.

EDIT: To be clear I had the same usability in mind. Nothing automated, no calculation of bonus. Simply reference to what Ability score should go back to when ability score is healed.
    Ah, I see Did you look at the extension how it was done there? Messing with xml, especially already existing ones without overwriting everything, can be really tedious Wenever I have time I can shortly take a look and give some suggestion But why not using the damage fields next to the abilities? Or did I miss some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, I see Did you look at the extension how it was done there? Messing with xml, especially already existing ones without overwriting everything, can be really tedious Wenever I have time I can shortly take a look and give some suggestion But why not using the damage fields next to the abilities? Or did I miss some point?
    No, you didn't miss a point...I am just dumb and it inexplicably escaped my mind that the Dmg field was for just that reason. Nevemind! hehe

No, you didn't miss a point...I am just dumb and it inexplicably escaped my mind that the Dmg field was for just that reason. Nevemind! hehe
    hehe, oki no worries, happens
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 15th, 2020 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    hehe, oki no wories, happens
    It's rather embarrassing in retrospect. I can't honestly say what I thought that field was for. I know I looked it over, I messed with trying to move it around. But it never occurred to me that it was for recording damage to ability scores.

It's rather embarrassing in retrospect. I can't honestly say what I thought that field was for. I know I looked it over, I messed with trying to move it around. But it never occurred to me that it was for recording damage to ability scores.
    Hehe Poor damage box, it tried to get your attention, you ignored it, and instead you just tried to move it away Like a bad love story in movies

Now that I am playing around with it I can thing of a change that would be useful. Being able to drop die roll from the chat onto it to add or subtract the roll value rather than simply replacing the current value with the roll value.

EDIT: The very way your Base HP box functions! Hah, I have found a way to make posting it here sort of, half-way relevant.

Now that I am playing around with it I can thing of a change that would be useful. Being able to drop die roll from the chat onto it to add or subtract the roll value rather than simply replacing the current value with the roll value.

EDIT: The very way your Base HP box functions! Hah, I have found a way to make posting it here sort of, half-way relevant.
    Ah, that is a good idea One could change the definition of the damage boxes maybe, to be the same as the Base HP box for example

Thread Information