DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sirreal26 View Post
    So the Soldier occupation skills:
    Fighting Brawl 25(base)
    Firearms Hand gun 20(base)
    Lang - Other Greek 1(base
    They are all showing there correct Base skill.
    However i can not spend any of my 250 occupation skill point in these skill like i am meant to. The boxes you click on and spend these point in are not selectable, these skill also dont have the red check box left of their name like the other occupation skills do.
    I'm not able to replicate your situation. I uploaded an example of how I've input the occupation information and the resulting skill tab modifications.

cthulhu_occupation_example.jpg

To get here I followed these steps:

https://www.diehard-gaming.com/manua...-creation.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sirreal26 View Post
    So the Soldier occupation skills:
    Fighting Brawl 25(base)
    Firearms Hand gun 20(base)
    Lang - Other Greek 1(base
    They are all showing there correct Base skill.
    However i can not spend any of my 250 occupation skill point in these skill like i am meant to. The boxes you click on and spend these point in are not selectable, these skill also dont have the red check box left of their name like the other occupation skills do.
    Make sure you specify those IN the occupation.
    eg

Fighting
    Brawl

Firearms
    Handgun

Lang - Other
    Greek

OMG!.... thank you, what a nightmare.

This skill interface is a giant confusing pain, now that i know how it works its fine but getter here sucked, they need to find a better way to do it or add a pop up tool tip on character creation to explain this.

i feel like i lost most of my San just trying to make a character..... 8(.

That was helpful, thanks!! Now how do I get the char sheets to reflect a Modern Era skillset (or switch eras)? Im at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakraku View Post
    That was helpful, thanks!! Now how do I get the char sheets to reflect a Modern Era skillset (or switch eras)? Im at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Options. Choose Era.
    There are very few differences between the Eras - mostly just things like Computer Use.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Options. Choose Era.
    There are very few differences between the Eras - mostly just things like Computer Use.
    Now I feel like a fool Thanks so much!!

I'm having almost the same problem.

I tried making a priest, and it didn't register "accounting" as a skill. However, I noticed in the occupation window that "accounting" has a "," after it, and I don't know if that's the reason.
    Screenshot 2022-01-03 211517.jpg

Next, I tried making a private detective, and for some reason is doubled the skills for photography and handgun, but won't let me allocate occupation skill points in those skills.
    Screenshot 2022-01-03 211834.jpg

On the screenshot above, you can see an area where I didn't specify in the occupation whether to use str or dex to figure out points, but I later went back and selected str, but it didn't make a difference.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    I cannot replicate the Accounting issue - in both the CoC7E Reference and the Investigators Handbook Accounting shows correctly without comma.

I also created a new Occupation with Art/Craft Photography and Firearms Handgun and it too has loaded correctly.

Can you post your logs?

tldr: fixed. I don't know how!
    I made a clean campaign with only Pulp Cthulhu ext loaded, and only basic things loaded.

Skip to 2:33 and you can see that photography and handguns are both doubled. From 2:43 You can see that they don't have red checks, and I can't enter points in the occupation skills column. I entered 10 points in history, tried again. Still couldn't enter data. THEN, suddenly, at 2:55, POP! They're no longer doubled and both have the red checks and I can enter the data! What's more, (after the video) I went back to my regular campaign "CoC - Alone" and that was suddenly fixed also! Not sure what happened. I just ran a second test, making a new character. Same thing happened. As soon as I allocate points to another occupation skill the skills list is fixed. All seems good now.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but here's the console log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Note: I'm still having the problem with accounting not showing up for the priest. Here's the log (on my test campaign).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information