DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Measuring distance on the Map

Sorry, but can someone give me a refresher on how to drag and measure distance between a PC and a NPC / enemy on the map.

I can't seem to recall how to do this....you would think that I would remember how to do this...thanks!

Blog Entries
    FG will give you distance between the active token and it's target. But if you want a different distance, I just use a quick pointer (right-left button combo) and draw an arrow between or near the two tokens.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

thanks....sorry for the newbie question...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FG will give you distance between the active token and it's target. But if you want a different distance, I just use a quick pointer (right-left button combo) and draw an arrow between or near the two tokens.
    Sorry to be late to the party but as a Mac user with a Magic Mouse or worse, on a laptop with a trackpad, this combo makes me want to scream into the void. :S
    I bash.

You can always add a pointer by right-clicking and selecting the pointer you want to add as well.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm VERY late to this, but thought I'd point out that in my FGU, the pointer-distance is inaccurate/broken. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm attaching a photo to demonstrate, but basically pointer-measurement only works DIRECTLY on the N-S or E-W axes; diagonals are fundamentally broken.

Measurement.png

Quote Originally Posted by dmmilner View Post
    I'm VERY late to this, but thought I'd point out that in my FGU, the pointer-distance is inaccurate/broken. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm attaching a photo to demonstrate, but basically pointer-measurement only works DIRECTLY on the N-S or E-W axes; diagonals are fundamentally broken.

Measurement.png
    Check the "Map: Diagonal distance" campaign option. Info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...use-Rules-(GM)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information