DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 23 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Ok, it was toughness.

However, I have a different character who added toughness to their feats pane, but then changed the name to be prefixed by the level at which they acquired it (i.e. "15 - Toughness", and your extension does not pick that up. I renamed the feat to verify. If there are other feats out there with "toughness" as part of the name, then changing your logic to be a substring match is probably not the right thing to do. It's not a big deal because they added it manually to the HD HP box, but just thought you'd like to know.
    Unfortunately Improved Toughness at the very least is also a feat, so it's not a great situation to allow partial matching (as you say).
    I would suggest that your player keep track of that in the description rather than the title of the feat if they want it automated (although it probably is nice to have it sorted by level as it would with the level in the name).
    I will try to remember to make it trim any numbers from the feat name before parsing for title of the feat, as I am not aware of any feats with numbers in their names.
    Last edited by bmos; September 7th, 2020 at 19:08.

quick question (don't have time to peruse all the post): does this work with an npc monster that has no class?

i'm creating an npc and it has no class.... it seems the ability selection is not working unless there is a class level?

thx
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

quick question (don't have time to peruse all the post): does this work with an npc monster that has no class?

i'm creating an npc and it has no class.... it seems the ability selection is not working unless there is a class level?

thx
    The hitpoint numbers only update when the character is in the combat tracker.
    It might be possible to adjust the code to allow you to use it to generate character hitpoints also if that is what you are trying to do?
    Last edited by bmos; September 16th, 2020 at 21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The hitpoint numbers only update when the character is in the combat tracker.
    It might be possible to adjust the code to allow you to use it to generate character hitpoints also if that is what you are trying to do?
    i tried inputting creature level as class level and it seems to work, calculating hp correctly. thx

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----

i tried inputting creature level as class level and it seems to work, calculating hp correctly. thx
    oh, you didn't say you were entering the npc as a player character. i misunderstood.

oh, you didn't say you were entering the npc as a player character. i misunderstood.
    yea, that's what i wanted to do... sorry if it wasn't more clear (... did the forum just get re-ordered? lol)
    -----

yea, that's what i wanted to do... sorry if it wasn't more clear (... did the forum just get re-ordered? lol)
    Oh wow! I guess we'll never see Kelrugem again.
    EDIT: ha! knew there would be a thread already
    Last edited by bmos; September 16th, 2020 at 23:21.

Nah, Kelrugem's pretty much the same as me: you can't get rid of us that easily :°D

Oh wow! I guess we'll never see Kelrugem again.
    Yeah, we got separated (EDIT: But as Asgurgolas says, we 3.5e users also lurk here )

I already opened a thread asking whether this is really the best because all the mods, extensions and so on can be used in both rulesets (and in general they are sooo similar) Can be confusing for new users when they try to find something I think

I don't understand how to enter total hitpoints when creating custom monsters... I've set up custom npc:

First.png
    Second.png
    I try to set up Total hp during NPC edition, but field is locked, cannot change it in any way.

Well maybe it will roll on combat?
    Third.png
    Nope, 0 hit points. Awesome... Works on monsters from Bestiary just fine though. Do I have to manually set it up on every monster instance on combat or what? Could there be some extensions collision with Ability Drain, Disease Tracker or Creature Gen?

Thread Information