STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 23 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I'm a big hand-er out-er of poisons and diseases, CON DMG comes in a lot...

there's also things like Augment Summoning to handle too, I guess?
    Of course I forgot about augment summoning, I do that with my character now, but I have set it up as a temporary hit points since they are the same as max HD in 99% of cases for summonings. CON raising HP for NPC would be more usefull than I thought then

I think I recall a module with a compiled list of augmented "summons" for 3.5.... wait let me browse my module list... "3.5E summoned monsters (Walter and Michelle Hoel)" since my campaign has a player who loves summoning. Maybe he loves it a tad too much =_0

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I think I recall a module with a compiled list of augmented "summons" for 3.5.... wait let me browse my module list... "3.5E summoned monsters (Walter and Michelle Hoel)" since my campaign has a player who loves summoning. Maybe he loves it a tad too much =_0
    I ran a 5e game with a druid player who also had a grey bag of tricks.
    I eventually started rolling all their to-hits together and then all the attack together. Animal companions that do combat and summoning can take as much time as another player!

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    It would be useful in some situations. Tome of battle has maneuvers that desl con damage.
    Some spells that deal con damage. We have not used any, but one of the reasons we have not used it is because it cant be automated, so if you make it we will use it 

False life is already automated with temp hp, but con damage is not (because npc does not have an effect check for hit dice/levels?)
    I just finished this
    Should be in tomorrow's update, unless I find any issues making it too unstable for release.

It does sometimes reduce npc hitpoints a little (because sometimes Paizo's math isn't good hehe)
    Last edited by bmos; August 3rd, 2020 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just finished this
    Should be in tomorrow's update, unless I find any issues making it too unstable for release.

It does sometimes reduce npc hitpoints a little (because sometimes Paizo's math isn't good hehe)
    Do you calculate the HP for the NPC again then? If that is the case you have to worry about toughnesd feat, or false life/bulls strenght prebuff.
    And the options we have in fantasy grounds to maximize npc hit points, rolling each npc randomly or using the standard.

I sm just soeculating since the extension is not out yet 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Do you calculate the HP for the NPC again then? If that is the case you have to worry about toughnesd feat, or false life/bulls strenght prebuff.
    And the options we have in fantasy grounds to maximize npc hit points, rolling each npc randomly or using the standard.

I sm just soeculating since the extension is not out yet ��
    Thank you!! I was wondering what I was missing hehe
    I only recalculate them when the ability score/effects change.
    At first, i respect what is in the stat block (but then I can't).

EDIT: Took care of Toughness.
    I have a decent solution to the prebuff situation (hopefully). When the npc info is calulated it looks for any bonus/penalty that is increasing/decreasing their hp above/below what it should be (based on the extension's calculation). It then saves this bonus so that it can add it back again each time it recalcs. The only thing it won't handle right (that I can think of) is a bonus that isn't static.
    Just checked and max/random/standard npc hitpoints is working normally with it!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This will be in the next update (and as always you can click the green code button on the extension homepage then download zip and rename the zip to ext for my current test build -- no promises it will always work correctly though, sometimes there is half-finished work there)
    Last edited by bmos; August 3rd, 2020 at 14:44.

NPC automation should be working/ready!
    version 1.2 is released

• Activate extension for NPCs. Undead automatically use charisma; CON for everyone else (unless overridden with button on NPC sheet).
    • Display +/- symbol on bonus HP field to help indicate that it is a bonus to the HD HP
    • Add extension version to on-load announcement so users can more easily tell if they are up to date

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/calulateNpcHp.lua"]:119: attempt to index local 'nodeAbil' (a nil value)

or not XD (also is there a way to disable the bonus hp for certain creatures? 3.5 doesn't allow most undead to use CHA for their HP)

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/calulateNpcHp.lua"]:119: attempt to index local 'nodeAbil' (a nil value)

or not XD (also is there a way to disable the bonus hp for certain creatures? 3.5 doesn't allow most undead to use CHA for their HP)
    Or not?
    Is the default in 3.5E always CON? I can easily make it do different things in PF and 3.5E
    Last edited by bmos; August 4th, 2020 at 16:37.

Or not?
    Is the default in 3.5E always CON? I can easily make it do different things in PF and 3.5E.
    EDIT: Here is v1.2.1 that doesn't do the CHA thing unless it's Pathfinder and should also fix that error coming up when you open NPCs from the NPC list (instead of the combat tracker).
    EDIT 2: Here is v1.2.2 to add compatibility patch for rmilmine's advanced effects manager and fix toughness feat parsing (only for NPC right now, PCs next week hopefully).
    Last edited by bmos; August 4th, 2020 at 18:50.

Thread Information