STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 23 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

this ext is messing things up or might be conflicting with other extensions i have loaded.

lots of sporadic behaviors -- so far:
    - numbers in all the block blink erratically displaying seemingly random numbers; adjusting con number stops it, but would flicker again
    - some players have 1 wound but show as red "critical" (?)
    Wow, what extensions are you using?
    I haven't seen any of that with those I use, although I'm not surprised that this would be incompatible with some others.
    Here's the list I use it with (using a patched version of Kel's Advanced Effects) :
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by bmos; July 5th, 2020 at 02:22.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Wow, what extensions are you using?

(turned off extension since unpredictable behaviours)

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

First of all, thanks for introducing me to Party Items Identified, this extension will save much time. It can get annoying to find which items haven't been identified yet!
    I'll see if I can figure out what is causing your issue, so far I'm not seeing any. I am getting issues with my other extension with Full OverlayPackage, but not this one.
    I also noticed you're running an out of date version of my extension (I work on it a lot sometimes!). Try updating it as you may have run into some of the wonkiness with effects that I addressed in my latest revisions.
    Last edited by bmos; July 6th, 2020 at 14:50.

strangely enough the level CON bonus seems to be adding to Live HP field somehow for an untype character (hand input Ape, no bonuses in combat tracker, CON 14, lvl 4) should have 25 HP (rolled 4+5+2+6 + 8 from CON) but the Live field is showing +8 which can't be removed....
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 8th, 2020 at 05:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    strangely enough the level CON bonus seems to be adding to Live HP field somehow for an untype character (hand input Ape, no bonuses in combat tracker, CON 14, lvl 4) should have 25 HP (rolled 4+5+2+6 + 8 from CON) but the Live field is showing +8 which can't be removed....
    That is how the extension works. At level 4, your ape would have a number of live HP equal to its CON mod times its level. HD HP is where you put the HP that the character rolled for (or the average rolled HP that FG uses) but without the +2 (in your case) from CON.

For clarity, I've updated the original post with a new video which is a bit more clear on that aspect and is more current (since we are now up to v1.0.5).
    Last edited by bmos; July 8th, 2020 at 11:42.

ah, yes, scratch that I'm fighting with herolab!

Ignore this! I got into a circular argument with herolab and FG
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 8th, 2020 at 11:26.

ah, yes, scratch that I'm fighting with herolab!

Ignore this! I got into a circular argument with herolab and FG
    Ah, leveling up outside FG and importing will require you do this after importing:
    * Write down each character's total HP, (minus their CON mod times their level).
    * Enter the number you calculated into the HD HP box for the appropriate character.

If that doesn't sort it out and it worked before installing my extension, let me know. I'm optimizing for the 'fully-integrated' approach of just using FG, but I know plenty of people use HeroLab so I would like to make it easy for them, too.
    Last edited by bmos; July 8th, 2020 at 12:04.

While you're probably not looking to take extra work on

I realised that this sort of implementation with extra field boxes which are based of existing ABIL points with modifiers is exactly how to implement the sanity system from the Horror Adventures rulebook... Worth a thought

While you're probably not looking to take extra work on

I realised that this sort of implementation with extra field boxes which are based of existing ABIL points with modifiers is exactly how to implement the sanity system from the Horror Adventures rulebook... Worth a thought
    I haven't read those rules, but I'm a player in a Strange Aeons game (book 2 right now), so it could be useful...
    I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

this book here

the gist of it is here

I could try myself, but the issue I have is front-end overlays, I hate fiddling with boxes for locations, but having boxes for Sanity: score, edge and threshold somewhere, and maybe some space in the Notes section for Madnesses/derrangements/corruptions *shrug*

Thread Information