FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 19 of 23 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    I think I have found an issue. This has been tested on a campaign with no other Extensions loaded except this one.

This happens if the Option - CT: NPC hit points is set to Max. And the Rolled HP in Live HP is set to Standard.

When you first drag the NPC to the Combat Tracker it correctly overrides the Standard HPs on the NPC sheet and loads the NPC onto the Combat Tracker with Max Hit Points. So far, so good.

If however, you then add an effect, on the Combat Tracker for that NPC, that changes the CON then it changes the HPs to Standard and adds the CON change instead of keeping the Max HPs and adding the CON change.

It's somewhat of a niche case but one I run into a lot as I always set my NPCs to max hit points and whenever a CON effect is added the Hit Points revert to Standard.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I think I have found an issue. This has been tested on a campaign with no other Extensions loaded except this one.

This happens if the Option - CT: NPC hit points is set to Max. And the Rolled HP in Live HP is set to Standard.

When you first drag the NPC to the Combat Tracker it correctly overrides the Standard HPs on the NPC sheet and loads the NPC onto the Combat Tracker with Max Hit Points. So far, so good.

If however, you then add an effect, on the Combat Tracker for that NPC, that changes the CON then it changes the HPs to Standard and adds the CON change instead of keeping the Max HPs and adding the CON change.

It's somewhat of a niche case but one I run into a lot as I always set my NPCs to max hit points and whenever a CON effect is added the Hit Points revert to Standard.

This sounds a lot like a bug we encounter some times in our sessions.
    When applying an effect to the NPC it some times change hit points. We use the option to roll random hit points.

I have not been able to reproduce it when I try and we only sometimes notice it. I have therefore not been able to produce a bug report, and do not have any more helpfull details to add.

It sounds like there is another place where I am not checking the status of that option!
    Thank you both for the reports.

EDIT: No luck tracking it down, but I'm on the test channel now which does have some differences.
    Perhaps you could try the test channel and see if you still have the issue?
    If you do try the test channel, be aware of this issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...re-now-bonuses
    Last edited by bmos; February 21st, 2022 at 13:21.

Yes, I can replicate this in the Test channel. Same thing happens.

This only happens for unlocked records that have a value entered into the Rolled HP of the Live Hit Points window.

It definitely seems linked to entering one number in the Live Hit Points - Rolled HPs window and using a NPC hit Points setting that doesn't match that.

I.E - Putting standard hit points in the Rolled HPs and then using Max or Random as the 'NPC hit points' setting. OR
    Putting max hit points in the Rolled HPs and then using Standard or Random as the 'NPC hit points' setting.

The initial load into the Combat Tracker will respect the setting from the 'NPC hit points' setting but any CON changes made revert to using whatever is in the Rolled HPs box as its basis.

Note - This is not an issue with Locked records (like the ones you get from the Pathfinder Bestiary) you have no access to the Live HP window. I assume that for these the Live Hit Points extension defaults the 'Rolled Hp' entry to match the correct value for the selected 'NPC hit points' setting. Thus the two match and no issue occurs.

I have some other take a ways from the testing I've done but don't want to clutter the post with too many details. If you have time and you want to feel free to send me a PM and we can do a Zoom or Discord screen share and I can show you the other things I found that may (or may not) help track this down.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Yes, I can replicate this in the Test channel. Same thing happens.

This only happens for unlocked records that have a value entered into the Rolled HP of the Live Hit Points window.

It definitely seems linked to entering one number in the Live Hit Points - Rolled HPs window and using a NPC hit Points setting that doesn't match that.

I.E - Putting standard hit points in the Rolled HPs and then using Max or Random as the 'NPC hit points' setting. OR
    Putting max hit points in the Rolled HPs and then using Standard or Random as the 'NPC hit points' setting.

The initial load into the Combat Tracker will respect the setting from the 'NPC hit points' setting but any CON changes made revert to using whatever is in the Rolled HPs box as its basis.

Note - This is not an issue with Locked records (like the ones you get from the Pathfinder Bestiary) you have no access to the Live HP window. I assume that for these the Live Hit Points extension defaults the 'Rolled Hp' entry to match the correct value for the selected 'NPC hit points' setting. Thus the two match and no issue occurs.

I have some other take a ways from the testing I've done but don't want to clutter the post with too many details. If you have time and you want to feel free to send me a PM and we can do a Zoom or Discord screen share and I can show you the other things I found that may (or may not) help track this down.
    Writing you a PM.
    Still no luck reproducing the issue.

dllewell explained the exact issue which I will clarify and summarize here:
    when you open an npc's live hitpoints subwindow, the rolled hitpoints value is saved into the npc.
    if you then change the hitpoints mode to max or random and add the npc to the combat tracker, the correct value is shown but is overriden by the standard value (which was still saved into the npc from before you enabled the house rule option).

the important detail is that the npc's hitpoints were FIRST viewed with the option set to standard and THEN the option was set to max/random BEFORE the npc was dragged to the combat tracker.
    this is notable also in situations of npc modules that were created with the standard setting and live hitpoints enabled and then used in a campaign with the max or random option enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    the important detail is that the npc's hitpoints were FIRST viewed with the option set to standard and THEN the option was set to max/random BEFORE the npc was dragged to the combat tracker.
    Aiai, that sounds like a difficult culprit to be found

I have posted a fix to both the test and live channels.
    Thanks to both dllewell and Svandal for helping with this.
    Last edited by bmos; February 24th, 2022 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Aiai, that sounds like a difficult culprit to be found
    Finding the right triggering and timing of things can be a challenge!

You Sir are a genius. I've tested the fix and it works great.

Thread Information