FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 23 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    There's no logical connection to this extension, really. It would be a better fit for yours or as a standalone. Here is how I did it in 4E. I did try at the time to make a 3.5E/PF version, but the code works differently for our rulesets and I couldn't figure out how to make the temp hp apply.
    Yeah, I can check it out But I may focus first on some other thingies I will add it to the to-do list

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I can check it out But I may focus first on some other thingies I will add it to the to-do list
    I figured it out and left you a pull request
    Very simple, actually!

Nice, thanks a lot I figured that it may be easy to do, but the only problem may be that the temp HP each round would always stack instead of taking the biggest value (if from same source); but I may have already an idea for that

(and I also did a pull request on GitHub for the next patch: https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...verlays/pull/2 Is there an intelligent way to merge two different pull request before merging into the main branch? )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Nice, thanks a lot I figured that it may be easy to do, but the only problem may be that the temp HP each round would always stack instead of taking the biggest value (if from same source); but I may have already an idea for that

(and I also did a pull request on GitHub for the next patch: https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...verlays/pull/2 Is there an intelligent way to merge two different pull request before merging into the main branch? )
    Yup, that is the limitation (4e didn't have that issue, so there must also be a solution in that ruleset).
    Regarding multiple pull requests, either merge yours and I can update mine, or merge mine and then go to your "patch 1" and click "fetch upstream" which will allow you to resolve any conflicts.

Yup, that is the limitation (4e didn't have that issue, so there must also be a solution in that ruleset).
    Regarding multiple pull requests, either merge yours and I can update mine, or merge mine and then go to your "patch 1" and click "fetch upstream" which will allow you to resolve any conflicts.
    Thanks, I will try it the fetch upstream method

I seem to have encountered a bug in this module and was asked by bmos to report it here:
    I'm using published modules, Ruins of Azlant AP, module 2, Into the Shattered Continent.
    My PCs all found that their hp defaulted to only the hp granted by their ConMod (if it was positive), with no class hp. So, 5d12+10 became 10 hp. We found the problem and adjusted. I wouldn't expect my players to have properly formatted stat blocks anyway.
    However, I'm also seeing bizarre, different behaviour from NPCs. Their hp seem to randomly adjust, usually significantly lower. I happened to watch one as it occured, and took the attached screenshot immediately after. This NPC has 103hp, nominally.
    Here's how I made the error occur (not sure if all steps are relevant):
    I checked her in the NPC dialog, where the stat block was locked and her hp were correct.
    I opened a particular encounter that includes her and some vampiric mists. In the encounter, verified the stat block had proper hp.
    Pressed the button to add the encounter to the combat tracker. In the combat tracker, verified the stat block had proper hp.
    Opened her stat block through the combat tracker. She showed 24 hp.
    Opened the hp breakdown and took the screen shot.

The vampiric mists populated fine, and it appears their detailed hp populated properly and stayed at their proper value.

I appreciate any help on this matter more than I can say.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    I seem to have encountered a bug in this module and was asked by bmos to report it here:
    I'm using published modules, Ruins of Azlant AP, module 2, Into the Shattered Continent.
    My PCs all found that their hp defaulted to only the hp granted by their ConMod (if it was positive), with no class hp. So, 5d12+10 became 10 hp. We found the problem and adjusted. I wouldn't expect my players to have properly formatted stat blocks anyway.
    However, I'm also seeing bizarre, different behaviour from NPCs. Their hp seem to randomly adjust, usually significantly lower. I happened to watch one as it occured, and took the attached screenshot immediately after. This NPC has 103hp, nominally.
    Here's how I made the error occur (not sure if all steps are relevant):
    I checked her in the NPC dialog, where the stat block was locked and her hp were correct.
    I opened a particular encounter that includes her and some vampiric mists. In the encounter, verified the stat block had proper hp.
    Pressed the button to add the encounter to the combat tracker. In the combat tracker, verified the stat block had proper hp.
    Opened her stat block through the combat tracker. She showed 24 hp.
    Opened the hp breakdown and took the screen shot.

The vampiric mists populated fine, and it appears their detailed hp populated properly and stayed at their proper value.

I appreciate any help on this matter more than I can say.
    The issue is because that NPC has hitpoints entered as "9HD; 5d8+4d10+59" but it should just be "5d8+4d10+59"
    Whoever did that module conversion didn't follow the official Paizo format. Just edit the NPC and it should work fine

Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for such things going forward.
    Should this be reported on the bug thread above?

The issue is because that NPC has hitpoints entered as "9HD; 5d8+4d10+59" but it should just be "5d8+4d10+59"
    Whoever did that module conversion didn't follow the official Paizo format. Just edit the NPC and it should work fine
    I'm not the developer of this one and I know it is more of a technicality, but the correct phrase is: "Paizo didn't follow the official Paizo format and the developer failed to change the format to the correct one when converting"

Totally kidding. They use an alternate style of stat block that shows total HD when an NPC has multiple classes.

There are a few things that the original authors of these types of adventures do that has to be edited away to work ideally in FG, unfortunately.

For anyone who creates modules like this I would recommend that you do a search for "HD; ". It should help you catch these.

-Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; November 27th, 2021 at 05:42.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I'm not the developer of this one and I know it is more of a technicality, but the correct phrase is: "Paizo didn't follow the official Paizo format and the developer failed to change the format to the correct one when converting"

Totally kidding. They use an alternate style of stat block that shows total HD when an NPC has multiple classes.

There are a few things that the original authors of these types of adventures do that has to be edited away to work ideally in FG, unfortunately.

For anyone who creates modules like this I would recommend that you do a search for "HD; ". It should help you catch these.

-Danny
    Hi Danny! That's really interesting, thanks for clarifying that. I haven't ever seen that format on archives of nethys, but you're saying it's written that way in the book?
    If so, I'll definitely look at adding support for HD counts written that way.

Thread Information