DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 23 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    Thank you. I can update it manually, but just started to use the extension (if anything for the con auto adjust - but would be nice if I did not have to ever tinker with stuff).

Appreciate you taking a look.
    I think I found the issue. There was no handler looking for changes to the level. To test this, try changing the rolled hp figure by 1 and see if the missing hp for toughness show up in the ability hp box.

After level 3 the bonus hp from toughness does seem to appear in the 'Abil HP' box. However it seems it does not add 1 hp to the 'roll hp box - HD hp' so if I change that box, it does not change anything.

From levels 1-3, it appears to add the hps correctly to the rolled hp box, but after level 3 (when you should be getting a +1 for toughness), it does a -1 to the rolled hp box.

If I remove the toughness feat, hp rolled box still incorrect.

When I add the toughness feat back - adds correct amount of hp.

I hope that helps. If you need anymore details or testing please let me know.

Thanks,
    -Elaith

After level 3 the bonus hp from toughness does seem to appear in the 'Abil HP' box. However it seems it does not add 1 hp to the 'roll hp box - HD hp' so if I change that box, it does not change anything.

From levels 1-3, it appears to add the hps correctly to the rolled hp box, but after level 3 (when you should be getting a +1 for toughness), it does a -1 to the rolled hp box.
    Ah! Toughness doesn't go in the rolled HP box. It gets added to abil HP (as otherwise it would have no way of consistently and accurately doing the automation). I think I will move the HP sub-boxes so a sub-window. This way I can make another box for non-ability automation to reduce confusion. Perhaps the FG ruleset ALSO automates the +3 for toughness an I didn't know about it! The reason I was suggesting you change the value in rolled hp is because it causes the ability hp to recalculate.

Yah, I noticed that the toughness bonus hp goes to the abil HP window. That does seem to be working. It is just the fact that for some reason, it does a -1 hp to the rolled HP. So it's like it never adds the correct HP (or looks as though toughness is not applying).

I usually cycle through the stat bonus hp is calculated off of Con, Str, Dex, etc - this always recalculated everything as well.

But the main issue seems to be as I mentioned above, for some reason it does add a +1 hp + CON(or other stat) mod to the Abil HP. But for the avg hp 1/2 die + 1, it does not seem to be adding the +1. The chat window is showing the correct HP, but it just does not get added. Perhaps adding another box will solve the issue, I am unsure.

Yah, I noticed that the toughness bonus hp goes to the abil HP window. That does seem to be working. It is just the fact that for some reason, it does a -1 hp to the rolled HP. So it's like it never adds the correct HP (or looks as though toughness is not applying).

I usually cycle through the stat bonus hp is calculated off of Con, Str, Dex, etc - this always recalculated everything as well.

But the main issue seems to be as I mentioned above, for some reason it does add a +1 hp + CON(or other stat) mod to the Abil HP. But for the avg hp 1/2 die + 1, it does not seem to be adding the +1. The chat window is showing the correct HP, but it just does not get added. Perhaps adding another box will solve the issue, I am unsure.
    Ah! I bet I know what is happening. It's probably because of the code that handles level-up HP (which needs a re-write anyway).
    I will try to fix this when I re-implement this extension (since the next FG update will need some reasonably-significant rework).
    Thanks for sticking with me and helping me understand the issue!

I appreciate you looking at the code as well.

Thanks.

A preview of coming attractions
    Screenshot 2021-02-08 134332.png

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That looks very neat. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm gonna do pervy things to myself wth this.

If anyone feels like doing some beta testing, here is v2.0-beta.2 (WHICH IS DESIGNED FOR FG TEST CHANNEL BUILDS DUE TO UPCOMING CHANGES).
    This no longer officially supports FG Classic, although it may still work (I do not have it installed anymore).

It has a lot of improvements over v1.7 but may have bugs (I added 823 lines of code and removed 576 lines, so there have been a LOT of changes and it works in fundamentally different ways behind the scenes).
    It 'should' upgrade campaigns that were using v1.7 but I haven't done very extensive testing so MAKE A BACKUP FIRST (or at least write down the hp of each character).

EDIT: removed, use beta.3.
    Last edited by bmos; February 10th, 2021 at 13:14.

Thread Information