DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 23 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    this book here

the gist of it is here

I could try myself, but the issue I have is front-end overlays, I hate fiddling with boxes for locations, but having boxes for Sanity: score, edge and threshold somewhere, and maybe some space in the Notes section for Madnesses/derrangements/corruptions *shrug*
    Started on it this morning
    https://github.com/bmos/PFRPG-Sanity-Tracker

as the Tanith first would say, fething brilliant

look forward to it

my suggestion is put the field boxes on the notes section, the Character sheet main is a bit busy, and you've filled up the inventory page with your other mod ...

I think there's something wrong with either this or the inventory weight extension. Every time I add an effect increasing (or lowering) CON, this happens:

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value

It even happens if I remove something from inventory (it doesn't say anything as I *put* things in inventory, but gets angry when I delete them) with the exact same error message. Right now I'm testing around to see if it's about another extension hogging resources or what (but so far, it bugs like that even if I only load inventory & live hp from con). I'm running the latest version of both exensions too

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    as the Tanith first would say, fething brilliant

look forward to it

my suggestion is put the field boxes on the notes section, the Character sheet main is a bit busy, and you've filled up the inventory page with your other mod ...
    I added a button to the top of the character sheet, but Notes was my plan B if it isn't visible enough.
    I assume you have played with sanity rules before since you're requesting the extension, how often do they get used/come into play? Are they common enough to want them really accessible or is digging into notes not an issue? PM me if you have more on this, so we don't get this thread too off topic.

Total Encumbrance does really fill up that tab, doesn't it? I'm certainly all ears regarding tidying it up (post any suggestions in that thread please).

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I think there's something wrong with either this or the inventory weight extension. Every time I add an effect increasing (or lowering) CON, this happens:

Script Error: [string "scripts/real_encumbrance.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value

It even happens if I remove something from inventory (it doesn't say anything as I *put* things in inventory, but gets angry when I delete them) with the exact same error message. Right now I'm testing around to see if it's about another extension hogging resources or what (but so far, it bugs like that even if I only load inventory & live hp from con). I'm running the latest version of both exensions too
    I fixed that in my source code a few days ago and didn't release it yet since nobody had mentioned running into it. Update fatigue is definitely a thing and I was trying to avoid excessively releasing new versions
    I'll post a new Total Encumbrance update shortly.
    Last edited by bmos; July 10th, 2020 at 17:16.

It would be great to be able to change what ability score modifies HP.

Undead gets charisma to HP.
    Fey touched (or something like that) gets intelligence to HP.

Exellent work with this extension, it is really helpfull in our games

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    It would be great to be able to change what ability score modifies HP.

Undead gets charisma to HP.
    Fey touched (or something like that) gets intelligence to HP.

Exellent work with this extension, it is really helpfull in our games
    That's an excellent idea! I'll be sure to add it.

How useful would this be for NPCs?
    Personally, I haven't had to deal with CON penalties for my NPCs much, but some groups might use those spells more.
    I have had a few that used false life, but sometimes that's already in the statblock (this can be a limitation of such things for NPCs).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Personally, I haven't had to deal with CON penalties for my NPCs much, but some groups might use those spells more.
    I have had a few that used false life, but sometimes that's already in the statblock (this can be a limitation of such things for NPCs).
    It would be useful in some situations. Tome of battle has maneuvers that desl con damage.
    Some spells that deal con damage. We have not used any, but one of the reasons we have not used it is because it cant be automated, so if you make it we will use it 😀

False life is already automated with temp hp, but con damage is not (because npc does not have an effect check for hit dice/levels?)

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    It would be useful in some situations. Tome of battle has maneuvers that desl con damage.
    Some spells that deal con damage. We have not used any, but one of the reasons we have not used it is because it cant be automated, so if you make it we will use it ��

False life is already automated with temp hp, but con damage is not (because npc does not have an effect check for hit dice/levels?)
    I always forget false life just uses temp hp.
    If this is something people run into a lot, I'll make NPC implementation more of a priority. Either way it's on the list of to-do

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm a big hand-er out-er of poisons and diseases, CON DMG comes in a lot...

there's also things like Augment Summoning to handle too, I guess?

Thread Information