STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 38 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    V 1.5 - BUG - the idiot (me) messed up all spell list filtering was bungled in my override by having a semicolon instead of a comma in the new override for the Spell button. Fixed.

Yeah you read that correctly. Some idiot put a semi colon instead of a comma in their override of Spell button structure which basically dropped off all filtering in that thing. Result being you see filters have literally every single possible filter variant showing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V 1.6 - BUG - same as V1.5 for notes button also.

Another cut/paste error from TEST code that was later fixed by FGU in spells button filtering. I'm in the process of fixing it.

V 1.7 - BUG - same as V1.6, more semicolons and a function in the structure that had to be duplicated. To be clear - source filtering in spells was still messed up. Fixed.

Thanks to Superteddy57 for working through this with me - I would not have spotted that function in the structure without his help and the final solution was his also.

I really like this extension and the potential for automating certain weapon effects, particularly cursed items. That said, I'm still a newbie when it comes to the syntax for programming them.

I have a player who has the Berserker Greataxe which is cursed: Curse. 1) This axe is cursed, and becoming attuned to it extends the curse to you. As long as you remain cursed, you are unwilling to part with the axe, keeping it within reach at all times. You also have disadvantage on attack rolls with weapons other than this one, unless no foe is within 60 feet of you that you can see or hear. 2) Whenever a hostile creature damages you while the axe is in your possession, you must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or go berserk. While berserk, you must use your action each round to attack the creature nearest to you with the axe. If you can make extra attacks as part of the Attack action, you use those extra attacks, moving to attack the next nearest creature after you fell your current target. If you have multiple possible targets, you attack one at random. You are berserk until you start your turn with no creatures within 60 feet of you that you can see or hear.

I don't expect part 1 can be automated per your extension, but I wonder if part 2 can be? If so, I can't figure out the right coding. I understand how to activate it (by equipping), but after that, it's not clear how to trigger the save when attacked/damaged (or if it's even feasible). Any help or solutions is appreciated .

Quote Originally Posted by DMMoseley23 View Post
    I really like this extension and the potential for automating certain weapon effects, particularly cursed items. That said, I'm still a newbie when it comes to the syntax for programming them.

I have a player who has the Berserker Greataxe which is cursed: Curse. 1) This axe is cursed, and becoming attuned to it extends the curse to you. As long as you remain cursed, you are unwilling to part with the axe, keeping it within reach at all times. You also have disadvantage on attack rolls with weapons other than this one, unless no foe is within 60 feet of you that you can see or hear. 2) Whenever a hostile creature damages you while the axe is in your possession, you must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or go berserk. While berserk, you must use your action each round to attack the creature nearest to you with the axe. If you can make extra attacks as part of the Attack action, you use those extra attacks, moving to attack the next nearest creature after you fell your current target. If you have multiple possible targets, you attack one at random. You are berserk until you start your turn with no creatures within 60 feet of you that you can see or hear.

I don't expect part 1 can be automated per your extension, but I wonder if part 2 can be? If so, I can't figure out the right coding. I understand how to activate it (by equipping), but after that, it's not clear how to trigger the save when attacked/damaged (or if it's even feasible). Any help or solutions is appreciated .
    I'm not an expert at action powers (spells) or combat tracker effects (I do know effects in powers have more supported syntax than combat tracker's). Basically all my stuff does is if you create a power - copy it to your spell list and name it the exact name of whatever you are equipping - it will be put into your PC sheet and removed as you equip and unequip. Same for custom effects. As far as what can be done with either? Up to you and what FGU lets you do. Me? I not an expert. You'd have better luck asking in the forums how you can code a PC action power and/or custom effect to handle it. I just switch em out for you and lock them in if CURSED keyword is in combat tracker effect.

Just loaded TEST for lighting - all my extensions work fine with it. But this one... WOW!

Just made this custom effect "Torch; LIGHT: 20 torch" and with my equipped effects unmodified as is I can now equip the torch - light appears on map - unequip torch - light goes away - and its remembered across maps and sessions because its on CT!

And in my world of extensions that means if I equip the torch on PC or NPC it works

As token light is not remembered when set through map between sessions or even maps - this is a life saver!

Works as is - now - today
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 12th, 2021 at 17:08.

Do you know if your extension works with Celestian's Advanced Effects by any chance? I'm actually only looking to use the CURSED effect for specific items. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Arghun View Post
    Do you know if your extension works with Celestian's Advanced Effects by any chance? I'm actually only looking to use the CURSED effect for specific items. Thanks for letting me know!
    Don't even know what that is. Sorry.

-Removed cause I forgot to add the quote I was referring too :P-

Thread Information