DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 38 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrevino View Post
    Hello,

I've installed the extension, and works as expected, but here is the thing, how do I remove the effects being vissible on the chat box for the players to see?? in other words, how do i set the effect to be vcisible ony to the DM?

Thnks!
    The extension only adds/removes the custom effect in the combat tracker, the rules for custom effects are the same as they have always been in FGU. The doc for those is here. As far as the actual custom effect window in FGU - yes, if you disable the eye icon it is only visible to the GM and not the players.

If already in combat tracker effects can be made visible or not to players by the button on the left when you expand out the combat tracker entry on the host.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2021 at 05:48.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hello,

I've installed the extension, and works as expected, but here is the thing, how do I remove the effects being vissible on the chat box for the players to see?? in other words, how do i set the effect to be vcisible ony to the DM?

Thnks!
    Wait a second. Are you talking about the chat message that shows the effect being added in? The way its working is if the item is ID'ed for the player then the effect is visible. If the item is not ID'ed for the player then the effect is not visible.

This was done so that the item could be hidden from user in custom effects list yet still be visible to player when the item was ID'ed. The reasoning being that if you attune to the item and know what it is - then you know what the effect is. The only way you'd be able to hide an ID'ed item would be to manually go into the combat tracker for that entry and set visibility to GM only. But of course the chat would have shone the effect being added in.

There was no easy way to hide the custom effect from player eyes and to make sure they could see it after it was equipped - so this was how this extension handles that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Wait a second. Are you talking about the chat message that shows the effect being added in? The way its working is if the item is ID'ed for the player then the effect is visible. If the item is not ID'ed for the player then the effect is not visible.

This was done so that the item could be hidden from user in custom effects list yet still be visible to player when the item was ID'ed. The reasoning being that if you attune to the item and know what it is - then you know what the effect is. The only way you'd be able to hide an ID'ed item would be to manually go into the combat tracker for that entry and set visibility to GM only. But of course the chat would have shone the effect being added in.

There was no easy way to hide the custom effect from player eyes and to make sure they could see it after it was equipped - so this was how this extension handles that.
    That did it!!

Thank you very much, it is flawless.. I will be having fun later today..

That did it!!

Thank you very much, it is flawless.. I will be having fun later today..
    Well when the test server goes live (supposedly Feb 16) I'll be putting a new version update out which will allow you to do equip/unequip of action tab powers in a PC along with the any custom effects it currently matches. So that will be really fun

This screen shot is of an equipped Ring of Fire Elemental command (after having killed an elemental) - one of the most complex items I could find requiring a power and a custom effect to properly define it. As best one can. When I unequip it both that power and effect in CT go away. Then equip they come back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 13th, 2021 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well when the test server goes live (supposedly Feb 16) I'll be putting a new version update out which will allow you to do equip/unequip of action tab powers in a PC along with the any custom effects it currently matches. So that will be really fun

This screen shot is of an equipped Ring of Fire Elemental command (after having killed an elemental) - one of the most complex items I could find requiring a power and a custom effect to properly define it. As best one can. When I unequip it both that power and effect in CT go away. Then equip they come back.
    This looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by masterqgj View Post
    This looks awesome!
    I doubt you'd be so excited if you have to figure out how to keyin that power and effect, took a couple questions in discord just to try and get close to what it should be! All my stuff does is match the custom power (in spell list) and custom effect that matches the name. You still get the "awesome" fun of making the powers and custom effects yourself Though it will have an import/export for custom spells like I did for custom effects. With the same draw backs - it stores them by child ID. If you are working in the same campaign this will work out overlaying them on eachother - but if you had duplicate child ID's with different data (say from different DB or vastly changed DB) then you will get wiped with the latest import of that child ID. But better than nothing or going to all the trouble of using the /export chat command to make some module of your data then using that. I'm lazy - I can live with a few child ID's wiping each other out if I don't play the import/export XML file game correctly.

We are using this extension for our PF2 Ranger's "Hunt Pray" effect. Equipping his weapon applies the player effect on him, then when he applies the target effect on a NPC the player effect becomes active. In the past we just put the player effect on him, but it often happened that we accidentally deleted the effect after combat and then forgot to reapply it next time. Now it's always present when the corresponding weapons are equipped.

Someone asked me to add import/export to notes for this next release - and as I want that also - I did. As usual same caveats apply:

NOTE: While this extension supplies import/export buttons for custom effects, notes, and spells they will replace the child ID's in your campaign DB. This can cause weird results if you import an XML file with child ID's that match ones currently in use. If the XML was created from the same campaign then this will normally never happen - but if you have existing data and the XML data is from that campaign it can. Using the FG chat \export keyin to export the data and create a module which you can then use is another way to do this sort of thing. Just not as easy - but noting this as my buttons are for my lazy use and I understand what can happen. Now so do you.

So when TEST drops to LIVE (and I get all my extensions uploaded) this will be part of new version also.

you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

YOU MUST UPDATE EXTENSIONS - THEY WILL HAVE ISSUES WITH LATEST FGU UPDATE - IF YOU DON'T UPDATE FGU THEN KEEP YOUR OLD EXTENSION

Plus this one has new functionality see version info.

Thread Information