FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 33 of 38 First ... 233132333435 ... Last
    Probably not - I'm just practising making a fool of myself.

Nothing to see here... carry on...

V 1.54 - Update - Will now support doing name lookup/matching of custom effects for NPC bonusactions,legendaryactions, and lairactions data. Previously only did NPC traits and actions data.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V 1.55 - Update - New option "Disable FGU adding actions" defaulted to "off". If "on" this option will prevent FGU from interpreting actions into the action tab of PCs based on module data. This can cause duplicates when something like AE5E supplemental data is used which has all the actions already defined and EE automatically updates them already.

Basically FGU has a number of hardcoded parsing text where they will add those abilities into the actions tab - even when you have your own definition for them (supplemental data module or your own personal changes). This will disable that from happening. It's runtime flag so you can turn it off and on at will. Mostly I notice this happening in character wizard created things.

In case anyone ever grabbed this 100% UNSUPPORTED module where all the classes point to the AE5E spells so my players don't have to remember to snag the right ones... USE AT OWN RISK. As I posted them in this thread a while back (now deleted) I've decided to post the updated ones in case anyone foolishly snagged them. This has the file used to build the module and the module itself.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello, needing a bit of help for a workaround or fix for an issue I'm seeing when using this with the Kingdoms & Warfare module + extension.

According to the K&W module, NPCs should have a POWER tab inbetween their MAIN and OTHER ones. However, when this extension is installed, the POWER tab becomes a copy of the OTHER tab.

I hope that makes sense. I can take photos or videos if need be.

Do you have any thoughts on how to get around this?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Hello, needing a bit of help for a workaround or fix for an issue I'm seeing when using this with the Kingdoms & Warfare module + extension.

According to the K&W module, NPCs should have a POWER tab inbetween their MAIN and OTHER ones. However, when this extension is installed, the POWER tab becomes a copy of the OTHER tab.

Tabs are very finicky and to play generically and nice with others you have to do them just right. I have no issue with anyone else and I am doing them as generically as possible - plus I don’t use this extension - so you may just have to assume they have a conflict. EXTENSIONS = Risk - I can’t fix other extensions I only try to make mine as generically compatible as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Tabs are very finicky and to play generically and nice with others you have to do them just right. I have no issue with anyone else and I am doing them as generically as possible - plus I don’t use this extension - so you may just have to assume they have a conflict. EXTENSIONS = Risk - I can’t fix other extensions I only try to make mine as generically compatible as possible.
    If it turns out there is something non generic I'm doing I'll for sure change it though.

I note a strange line in my override of npc.lua onInit where I'm doing the following:

if tabs then
    tabs.setTab(2, "subwin_text", "tab_other");
    end

Don't remember what that is really doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post

Ok I've spent some time looking at this. The NPC sheet has an "other_tab" added in for handling text expansion in EE.

Code:
    	<windowclass ruleset="5E" name="npc" merge="join">
    		<script file="campaign/scripts/npc.lua" />
    		<sheetdata>
    			<subwindow_record name="subwin_text" insertafter="main_creature">
    				<class>other_tab</class>
    			</subwindow_record>
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    There should be nothing inherently wrong in this as I understand it. Not sure what this other extension is doing with its tab that could interfere or confuse this as its a separate tab added into the sheet. Currently when EE is in this will be 1 = main tab, 2 = other tab, 3= inventory for the tabs. I set this tab to 2 on init which is probably evil as NOBODY should be using hardcoded numbers to touch tabs at all (you never know what they will have) so I will change that or remove it. Once I delivery you can let me know if that fixes your issue - if it does not that's all I can do. Polymorphism is my tab nightmare where I did tons of stuff - the EE stuff is super simple - not sure why I had that hardcoded tab number as I know better. Next post here will this cleanup of this.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; February 6th, 2023 at 20:00.

Thanks for looking into it, very much appreciated!

V 1.56 - Bug - Removed some unnecessary setTab call in npc sheet processing.

Not sure if this will help the conflict but I could not really remember why this was even doing this. If it turns out something goes wrong in NPC sheet displays of expanded EE text I may have to do something else but I could not understand what it was even doing in my code. Could have been something left over from older times when tabs were different - just not sure. Anyway, we will see what happens. Nothing much more I can do as the window text in that tab is required by EE and as I showed in code earlier is something added in (and only used by me) in a pretty simple way.

Thread Information