FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 24 of 37 First ... 14222324252634 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You accused the poster of lying.
    The poster asked a question and then made a factual statement.
    Now I accused them of lying by stating their complaint of not having access to DMsG updates was not true?

Seriously, stop interpreting.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

thank you, i understand, sorry for my google english

Quote Originally Posted by Tatershal View Post
    thank you, i understand, sorry for my google english
    No worries. If it ever updates I only update it in DMsG - and notify in this thread that its been updated. Grim Press handles any updates on the Forge - which is after my DMsG update.

V 1.37 - Bug - checking for effect duplicates was not taking into account that effects on CT have no units and translate duration into seconds (for minutes) and 0 for (hour and day). Caused mistaken failure of duplicate checks. Fixed.

Nobody ever noticed as it only causes duplicate effects in special circumstances.

V 1.38 - Bug - checking for effect duplicates was not taking into account that duration effects can be less than original due to counting down. Fixed.

Likely nobody will notice this but me in my testing.

V 1.39 - Feature - will now check for effect/power(spell) name comparisons by first checking if there is a <match name>_<npc name> that matches. This allows for conflicts to be more easily resolved. Before people would add an asterisk to end of name to make it unique but the NPC would also have to be recreated with a matching name (asterisk) added. Now something like "Gust of Wind" which is different for Kraken and Adult Brass Dragon does not need to have the NPC names any different - as it will use those names to look up the unique "Gust of Wind_Kraken" or "Gust of Wind_Adult Brass Dragon".

This was done for a future release of Automatic Effects.

Overriding SmiteWorks NPC CT effects with ones from Automated Effects

Hi SilentRuin,

I had a game problem last Friday that your extension might be able to fix.

I was running an encounter with a Planetar from City of Eyes. In the CT the Insect Plague power was shown for the Planetar, but it was missing the effect clause "Insect Plague (C)" to cause concentration checks for the Planetar. At first I didn't notice it until players asked if the Planetar was making concentration checks. I had forgotten the exact syntax of that clause which took me a while to correct in the CT and apply to the Planetar.

As I understand Equipped Effects, it has a mechanism that is invoked after an NPC is dragged to the CT which checks for missing effects and adds them to the CT for that NPC from the "Automated Effects" modules.

I was wondering if you could add a mechanism to allow the DM to request a recheck of either one or all NPC's effects in the CT. With that mechanism I could delete the erroneous action (from the FG module) for Insect Plague for the NPC in the CT, ask Equipped Effects to rescan the NPC entries in the CT, find the missing Insect Plague action, and add it from (hopefully correctly coded) "Automated Effects" modules.

Thanks
    Web

PS Great Extension.
    PPS You could also have another option to override all native NPC CT effect entries with ones from "Automated Effects" for that NPC type under the assumption that "Automated Effects" are more consistently correct than the ones from Smiteworks.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi SilentRuin,

I had a game problem last Friday that your extension might be able to fix.

I was running an encounter with a Planetar from City of Eyes. In the CT the Insect Plague power was shown for the Planetar, but it was missing the effect clause "Insect Plague (C)" to cause concentration checks for the Planetar. At first I didn't notice it until players asked if the Planetar was making concentration checks. I had forgotten the exact syntax of that clause which took me a while to correct in the CT and apply to the Planetar.

As I understand Equipped Effects, it has a mechanism that is invoked after an NPC is dragged to the CT which checks for missing effects and adds them to the CT for that NPC from the "Automated Effects" modules.

I was wondering if you could add a mechanism to allow the DM to request a recheck of either one or all NPC's effects in the CT. With that mechanism I could delete the erroneous action (from the FG module) for Insect Plague for the NPC in the CT, ask Equipped Effects to rescan the NPC entries in the CT, find the missing Insect Plague action, and add it from (hopefully correctly coded) "Automated Effects" modules.

Thanks
    Web

PS Great Extension.
    PPS You could also have another option to override all native NPC CT effect entries with ones from "Automated Effects" for that NPC type under the assumption that "Automated Effects" are more consistently correct than the ones from Smiteworks.
    Likely this would cause problems with people who had old stuff on PC/NPC and they would not want it auto updated - which was the reason I did not provide and automatic "match the current module data" to those things. Potential to cause to many problems - best to leave it to manual updates when you have the module or data the way you want it. For sure if you delete the PC/NPC out of the CT and replace it - it will redo the active effects. Though concentration effects would be a manual spell operation anyway I believe (you'd have to cast something - from action tab for PC and from CT actions for NPC).

V 1.40 - Bug - ID and attunement logic was not being applied to power(spell) applied in actions. Result would be player would have the action of the equipped item when it was not attuned. Fixed.

V 1.41 - Bugs/Feature - Fixed effects that were not being updated in CT when a sheet was edited. Fixed text comparisons to make them consistently case insensitive comparisons - some were not. Fixed conflict name check in some cases. NPC name checks for powers and effects will now check for a <match name>_NPC matching spell or effect name if it cannot find a specific <match name>_<npc name> (see version 1.39) match, if neither of these matches then will default to normal "<name>" matching it has always done.

Basically - its a way to uniquely define a power/effect that only applies to NPCs and not PCs.
    A conflict name prevention thing.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 30th, 2021 at 21:57.

Thread Information