FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 38 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Have you made sure they are identified and attuned?

Ah, that was it. They had to be attuned which I hadn't done.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    I see Belt of Cloud Giant Strength in spells under the 5E Automatic Effects Items so shouldn't that be sufficient for it to be added? The action tab gets populated fine, it is the combat tracker not working for me. I also tried with the Ioun Stone (Protection) as demonstrated from the video but that didn't work either.
    Most likely me doing something wrong but can't figure it out.
    What the last poster stated and what the version info in .txt file and some conversations in this thread will also state - is that ID and attunement come into play also. If something requires attunement - and is not attuned - then equipping it will obviously do nothing. As it should. Lot of stuff I've added in over time - usually with options - which I'm never going to remember. Hence, the text walls recorded for posterity.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Now in Forge. Old DMsG version will be maintained though is no longer for sale there.

Equipped Effects Extension (Fantasy Grounds Unity)

This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows your players to gain item-based effects simply by equipping them, which automatically adds the effects to the character in the combat tracker.

This extension unlocks the following functions:

• Give characters magic items and allow them to equip them to receive effects that you’ve set up previously —saving time during the session!
    • Item effects are automatically removed when the item is unequipped.
    • Make some effects on the combat tracker invisible from your players! The effects are still there, but your players can't see them —cursed items are now possible in FG!
    • Items tagged with “CURSED” can not be unequipped by the player

Aridhro's 5E Automated Effects is also supported by this extension.

Additional perk included in this extension:

• Import & Export custom effect XML files, so you can take your created effects with you to your next campaign.

Updates:

[See .txt file for early updates and features]

V 1.22 - Bug - Duplicate entries added into NPC main page when items were equipped that had template data. Fixed.

V 1.23 - Feature - New option "Translate NPC Powers" will be defaulted to "On". Where spell powers have always risked having spell/power actions missing or mangled in combat tracker NPC list of things they can do (on host - or on player with Assistant GM), this new feature will insure any power created for (in) a PC will be properly shown in the combat tracker for an NPC list of things they can do. You could never do everything in the text that a PC could do - but the combat tracker list was supposed to allow that - which it never really did well. Now this will translate the unseen powers into the NPC CT entry correctly and completely. You have to add NPC into CT to get those things to update. I did not fix/change that aspect on how FGU works, so that if you drop in spell in CT entry its still not going to do it correctly per normal.

V 1.24 - Bug - fixed problem with hover over NPC text.

V 1.25 - Bug - fixed where nothing translated anymore from 1.24 attempted fix.

V 1.26 - Bug - fixed where no NPC text from main page could trigger hover double click to roll dice or drag dice into chat.

V 1.27 - Change - The way I implemented V1.23 had to much RISK of conflict (or future potential conflict) with other extensions. I've redesigned it to solve the V1.23 feature in a different safer way. From the users viewpoint you will see no changes from V1.26.

V 1.28 - Bug - units in custom effects were not being respected (been like this since inception of this extension). FGU will turn any units of hour or day into 0 duration (forever) so only rounds or minutes will get you the full round count. They do that as that many rounds becomes unrealistic. If you want the CT to have the true rounds use rounds or minutes in custom effects.

V 1.29 - Bug - if no power actions are found for a name match keep searching, and if nothing is found process the previous text parsing logic. This allows name matches that have no power actions defined to still potentially get actions added into the CT via pure text parsing.

V 1.30 - Feature - FGU 5E has added the "attune" DB attribute into item inventories which will now be respected by this extension. Previously, a determination was made that CT effects/PC powers would only be automatically added to an item that required attunement when equipped if it was identified. Now if it is identified and requires attunement it will also check the new "attune" DB data in order to add the effect to the CT or PC powers. Like with the "isidentified" value if "attune" is changed it will recheck the previously mentioned logic to see if the item should have the effect defined in CT (or PC powers) or not.

V 1.31 - Bug - A truly stupid mistake on my part where I renamed a subwindow but forgot to change the .lua code name used to reference it. Gist was - NPC other tab would not recognize the unlock state and would not allow you to edit the NPC other tab unless you exited the sheet (with it unlocked) then came back up in the sheet. FIXED.

V 1.32 - Conflict - the conflict I resolved in V1.27 was only resolved by making the other extension work - mine still did not translate NPC powers at all. I have hopefully, and finally, resolved this conflict so that I actually work also.

V 1.33 - Feature - added option "Item Subtype Search (requires restart)" defaulted to on. This will add a subtype search to the Item list. Largely because I've always been annoyed I could not search for ammunition and had to dig through tons of entries to find them. Plus its useful for other stuff. If another extension your using modifies the item list you can just turn this option off and restart the app.

V 1.34 - Feature - new option "Process Multiple Effect Names" defaulted to "off" will allow multiple name matches in custom effects. If you have duplicates in there that you do not wish to process then this should stay "off" - original behavior. But some people require different IF logic in effects which requires separate effect line entries so added this option in. For example, if you have an item name of "Blah" and in custom effects have "Blah; 'test 1", "Blah; 'test 2", and "Blah; 'test 3" you will see all 3 of those effects added into CT when this option is on.

V 1.35- Bug - feature/trait/feat could grab a spell instead of a power which caused issues if you had a spell and one of these named the same. Now check that DB level value is 0 for any matching spell to a feature/trait/feat which is what a power should be in this world. Nothing else (items/NPC CT action list) name matching is effected - only feature/trait/list name matching - which now has additional check to make sure level data is undefined or 0. Fixed.

V 1.36 - Bug - Weapon powers are usually created with PCs in mind. And PCs have a separate section in action page for weapon attack/damage. NPCs do not. They have the highlight-able text (usually not very reliable for complex save/effects) and the action list in the CT. If you define a power for an NPC it would always replace the text translation. This would lose the attack/damage info of a weapon (as the power - designed for a PC - would never include that data). This was fixed by adding in the first parsed text up to a powersave or effect for things that had "weapon attack" in description. Result being, NPCs would now have the action list with the attack/damage data for the weapon followed by whatever power was added in, where previously it would be missing (only present in NPC sheet text). Hard to describe this bug, but that is the best I can think to explain it.

Known Caveats:
    If you delete an equipped item with an effect before you unequip it - the effect will remain in combat tracker. Unequip any item with effects before you remove it from the inventory.
    Effects added by name matching of a custom effect are not done with a Source included as they are assumed to be passive and will not properly function with a (C) Concentration effect. Those should always be defined in power actions for the name matching.

Grim Press overview video from DMsG.

My long boring silent test video.
    https://youtu.be/4epKAV-i-B4

Grim Press will be handling the sales and promotion of this extension.
    If you'd like to engage with us, please feel free to join the Grim Press discord: https://discord.gg/N7MM93a

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension.

Included is original text used for describing this extension - provided for reference if needed.
    We who buy from DMSguild won't have any more updates? There couldn't be a code for us to be able to buy at the forge without paying, we already paid!

You quoted the entire page 1 and didn't read the first line? In Red?

All I can say is your complaint is not true. Per that first line.

Blog Entries
    It was just a question. Relax. English is not the first language of many people here and sometimes things do not come across as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatershal View Post
    We who buy from DMSguild won't have any more updates? There couldn't be a code for us to be able to buy at the forge without paying, we already paid!
    Yeah both will be updated. There is no way to give you a code for forge.

DMsG updates faster anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It was just a question. Relax. English is not the first language of many people here and sometimes things do not come across as intended.
    My response was factual. Phrased in the same tone the “question” was made. Which was as a statement they were being cheated of updates.

If your going to challenge tone of text replies, always an imperfect endeavor, challenge them in context.

Blog Entries
    You quoted the entire page 1 and didn't read the first line? In Red?

All I can say is your complaint is not true. Per that first line.
    My response was factual. Phrased in the same tone the “question” was made. Which was as a statement they were being cheated of updates.

If your going to challenge tone of text replies, always an imperfect endeavor, challenge them in context.
    You accused the poster of lying.
    The poster asked a question and then made a factual statement.

Thread Information