DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 38 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    Here look at this new npc. The cursor is right below the brown line. You need to place the cursor there first.
    Attachment 48362
    Yep just discovered that myself - the only reason I thought it was duplicated was I could not see the flashing black cursor vertical line on the dark grey background with Sir Motts theme. It works fine. No issues that I can see.

Click on window - start keying in - works.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Probably the issue was that when you have the title highlighted (from newly creating it) you have to click again to get the cursor into the window because focus is on the title - once to remove focus on title - once to put it into window. That's FGU not me.

Nope, error also apeared after I reopend FGU and the NPC and clicked into the text area. The text apperead in chat. But yeah after clicking right beneath the 'name' the cursor appeared. Itīs new to me, that I have to click at a special location, but I can work with it. But itīs extension related. Because this doesnīt happen if the extension isnīt loaded. If it isnīt loaded I just can click everywhere on the "Other" tab and the cursor appears.

Itīs nothing major and like I said I can work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skexis Chamberlain View Post
    Nope, error also apeared after I reopend FGU and the NPC and clicked into the text area. The text apperead in chat. But yeah after clicking right beneath the 'name' the cursor appeared. Itīs new to me, that I have to click at a special location, but I can work with it. But itīs extension related. Because this doesnīt happen if the extension isnīt loaded. If it isnīt loaded I just can click everywhere on the "Other" tab and the cursor appears.

Itīs nothing major and like I said I can work with it.
    Yeah the other used to be just a text field anchored to the frame which took the entire frame as valid selection. Now its actually composed of two fields and a seperate subwindow and the click will no longer be "the entire frame". I probably could jury rig something with a bunch of trial and error but its simply not worth it to me.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 22nd, 2021 at 22:41.

Like I said, itīs nothing major. It was at the moment it seemed to not working at all. But at this moment, itīs fine

I have run into an issue and I am using the latest version and have tested this in a new 5e campaign with just the equipped effect extension and all of the 5e automatic effects modules. If I have a flame tongue sword and have it equipped the effect is in the combat tracker, but it applies the fire damage to all the weapons that are used not just the flame tongue.

I know with advanced effects extension there was an option for action only where the effect was tied to a specific weapon. Is there anything like this for equipped effects currently or in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I have run into an issue and I am using the latest version and have tested this in a new 5e campaign with just the equipped effect extension and all of the 5e automatic effects modules. If I have a flame tongue sword and have it equipped the effect is in the combat tracker, but it applies the fire damage to all the weapons that are used not just the flame tongue.

I know with advanced effects extension there was an option for action only where the effect was tied to a specific weapon. Is there anything like this for equipped effects currently or in the works?
    Equipped effects in the most basic description (version info in page 1 .txt file has the non simplistic details as it does more than this) just does name matches for trait/feat/item (PC/NPC) and adds the matching power(into actions tab) and/or custom effect (into CT entry) when you add the PC/NPC into the CT or equip/unequip an item. There is no armor/weapon considerations outside of that. If the flame tongue sword is equipped then you will have those damage features set. And if you are playing the equip/unequip game your not going to have it equipped when your using something else (action tab powers/CT custom effect are added (equipped) and removed (unequipped) real time).

So if you are indeed equipping everything and leaving them all equipped even when not using them - then yes - likely the custom effects will apply to whatever else your running with.

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to force my players to just equip what they're actually using at the time. That will help with their long character sheets too.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to force my players to just equip what they're actually using at the time. That will help with their long character sheets too.
    There is not really a solution that fits all cases. Somethings you will want always equipped because the power is wanted to always be in actions tab - other times it may have an effect you always want applied in every situation - other times you will only want the effect when you are using that one thing. Really like everything else its a case by case call.

And of course sometimes you don't want any of this stuff and want to code it directly into the weapon/armor at top of actions tab.

Like all my extensions its a tool - to use as you best see fit.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 9th, 2021 at 22:23.

(First off, apologies if this has been asked before.. but I quickly scanned the 20 something pages of posts, but didn't see this asked specifically..)

Does anyone know if this extension (along with the Automated Effects) has any conflict with Mad Nomad's Consumable Items extension? I don't want to go and blow my money on these paid extensions just to find out they are not compatible or have problems working together. I really like the idea of the consumable items extension being able to track and automatically remove items/effects as they are used, and I can't determine whether this one or Aridhro's extensions does the same thing or not (like removing a potion from inventory when it's used up).

Thanks!

Thread Information