STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 38 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Here is the error again,

Code:
    [4/27/2021 6:58:55 PM] [WARNING]  Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[4/27/2021 6:59:04 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[4/27/2021 6:59:29 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

[4/27/2021 6:58:23 PM] EXTENSION: Equipped Effects v1.19 for Fantasy Grounds Unity \rCopyright 2021 SilentRuin \rWill create and remove effects and spell powers (5E only) based on equipped or unequipped inventory items.
    I made a 10th level Barbarian. Worth noting he has a 20 STR. I tested with various weapons, but I initially used a magic Greatsword.

I added a Belt of Cloud Giant Strength. Added him to the combat tracker, adjusted the Strength Value (27-20, replacing the X).

I set was testing combat, so I set up a random goblin and a random map from FG, put the tokens on it and tested to-hit rolls and damage. To-hit roles worked fine, but damage rolls resulted in this error.

I tested on a Monk as well, but the error only appears when using STR based weapons/damage and not when using Finesse weapons.

I've been able to duplicate it again and again. I can probably make a video of it if you can't duplicate it.

Let me know.

thanks.
    "You're just jealous the Voices speak to Me!"

- Ultimate License Holder and long time DM currently running D&D 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos0042 View Post
    Here is the error again,

Code:
    [4/27/2021 6:58:55 PM] [WARNING]  Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

[4/27/2021 6:59:04 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

[4/27/2021 6:59:29 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:208: attempt to index global 'vClause' (a nil value)

[4/27/2021 6:58:23 PM] EXTENSION: Equipped Effects v1.19 for Fantasy Grounds Unity \rCopyright 2021 SilentRuin \rWill create and remove effects and spell powers (5E only) based on equipped or unequipped inventory items.
    I made a 10th level Barbarian. Worth noting he has a 20 STR. I tested with various weapons, but I initially used a magic Greatsword.

I added a Belt of Cloud Giant Strength. Added him to the combat tracker, adjusted the Strength Value (27-20, replacing the X).

I set was testing combat, so I set up a random goblin and a random map from FG, put the tokens on it and tested to-hit rolls and damage. To-hit roles worked fine, but damage rolls resulted in this error.

I tested on a Monk as well, but the error only appears when using STR based weapons/damage and not when using Finesse weapons.

I've been able to duplicate it again and again. I can probably make a video of it if you can't duplicate it.

Let me know.

thanks.
    Yeah I let you know in other thread that I tried it with a belt of hill giant strength - and had no problems. For sure you will explode if you try to give the effect parser garbage - which that "STR: 21-X; note replace X with strength" will be if you don't replace it with STR: 9 (if your strength is 12 for example). See other reply in other thread.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Well an update in instructions might be called for, I thought it was to be used as a dash, not a minus so I wasn't thinking math...

but, I did just test with your example...belt of hill giant strength, barbarian with str 12, I replaced the value with 9...and still have the error.

Here is the error again,

Code:

Let me know.

thanks.
    Going to try to repeat something here I thought I PM'ed you but does not seem to show in my messages as sent.

I've tried to get it to error with Aridhro's original unchanged effect text, with the 21-12 in it, and with the 9 put it in, and it gives 0 errors. Aridhro can't duplicate this either.

So another question - leaving the effect in CT as you have it - getting out of app - turning off all extensions - coming back up into FGU and doing the damage - do you get the error?

I'm almost thinking you have some other LUA parser or deeper debug stuff in your operating system or something based on the buildslave directory error you have going on - as that is nothing to do with FGU. That is something else entirely - and once it errors - all the errors after are just unwinding from that one.

You don't have the unity engine or something loaded on your machine do you?
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 28th, 2021 at 22:38.

Well an update in instructions might be called for, I thought it was to be used as a dash, not a minus so I wasn't thinking math...

but, I did just test with your example...belt of hill giant strength, barbarian with str 12, I replaced the value with 9...and still have the error.
    See my last message. That first error is just nothing to do with FGU - its almost like you have your own unity engine running or something.

Yeah, I get the error without any mods running...let me make a video to show you...picture is worth 1000 words they say...

And no, I don't have any kind of unity engine installed in my Windows 10 manchine...but as I said, I do have some games that run under unity like FGU.

give me a few to figure out video recording.

Yeah, I get the error without any mods running...let me make a video to show you...picture is worth 1000 words they say...

And no, I don't have any kind of unity engine installed in my Windows 10 manchine...but as I said, I do have some games that run under unity like FGU.

give me a few to figure out video recording.
    I'd give the video in house of healing under a new thread to smiteworks. The fact you have nothing else up and running but RAW FGU and still get that error is something I can't help you with.

My guess is still there is a runtime library conflict on your machine where you are making FGU pick up the wrong runtime library but your going to have to ask them. It's either an older one than they use or a newer one and something they do is no longer working.

But really the video will not help solve this one. Only figuring out where that first error is coming from will help. As its not their stuff - therefore is not correct.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 28th, 2021 at 22:50.

okay, I'll direct them to these errors.

thanks.

Fix in the base code - here's the post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post596937
    Last edited by Thanatos0042; April 29th, 2021 at 01:23.

V 1.20 - Feature - new option "Display first link" defaulted to "off" will allow the first link of any power stats windows (spells), npc other tab window, or item windows to have its text expanded and displayed first. This will only work if the link data can be found. For example, if the link is to the PHB and the PHB is not loaded then this will do nothing for that power. Limits link search to classes of reference_spell, power, reference_weapon, reference_magicitem, reference_armor, reference_equipment, item, itemtemplate, reference_feat, reference_classfeature, reference_backgroundfeature, reference_racialtrait or reference_subracialtrait.

Smiteworks recently determined that a number of .mod data files have been copying WOTC .mod data to such an extent that they could actually be used in place of those modules. As that is a violation of license agreements all .mod files that do this have been instructed to change. In most cases, this involves supplying reference links to the WOTC .mod data (not copied text descriptions). From the user's perspective this means that these .mod files will be redelivered at some point soon with data links in place of actual text descriptions (originally copied from WOTC mods). Basically, where you used to see a spell description, npc other tab text, or item descriptions immediately when you click on their links - you will have another link you will need to click (to WOTC mod data) to see the text. This way WOTC mods will be required to be loaded with the .mods that are supplemental to them and can't be replaced by them. And if unloaded the links will give the FG module not loaded message.

In light of this, as I'm paired with Aridhro's 5E Automatic Effects I decided to provide this new optional (turned off by default) behavior to display the first link in the text/description where it is displayed ONLY in the window sheet and not recorded in the DB at all. That way if link leads to .mod data not loaded (say WOTC data link) then nothing will be displayed. This will comply completely with the Smiteworks directive and yet from user perspective have minimum impact as when they click on a spell/npc/item link that leads to another link to get the description/text they will actually not have to do the additional click as the text will be there. Aridhro should have his .mod files updated in the coming days to reflect these required data changes and at that point you can turn the option to expand first links on. Obviously, if something has a link I support that does not make sense to expand it will still do so. Simply turn off the option if you don't want to expand something.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; May 1st, 2021 at 13:35.

V 1.20 caused a conflict due to the NPC other tab changes going to tinker with it a bit and possibly get a new version out when (if) I solve it.

Thread Information