FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 38 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I find it hard to respond because you are quoting things I haven't said, so I am not exactly sure where to start?

From the forge page it says
    "Item, spells, class features, racial traits, and more are automatically added to your character sheet and/or combat tracker! ".
    and
    "Sick of coding your own items, spells, feats, or racial features in Fantasy Grounds? Pick up the 5e Automatic Effects line of products on the DMs Guild, which do all this for you instantly when paired with this Equipped Effects Extension! "

If it isn't intended to replace spells with the AE ones and AE ones are intended to be manually selected with no extension interaction, it is fine as EE still does a lot on its own.
    However the description on forge suggests that it will handle it by replacing the FG default version with the AE version.

I want to make it very clear, I still believe the extension is great value without any spell interaction. But it could be made clearer if replacing spells with AE versions / populating a character sheet with AE versions isn't a feature of the extension just to avoid people like myself thinking that something was broken when they get the default FG spells and nothing updates to the AE ones .
    Howdy. I understand where your confusion is. Because spells is in that list, you thought a spell would be automatically added which is the 5eAE version. So you're reading that sentence as "Spells are automatically added". Unfortunately, that's not one of the thing it does.. The data is there for all of the spells to provide effects (beyond what the core books provide). Spells are a "choice" by the player, and different for every class. So you have to drag the 5eAE version of a spell from the spell sidebar to the character sheet. When you use the character wizard to pick your spells, they come from the default books and don't get replaced with the 5eAE versions. You'd have to swap them out yourself.

This information is based on the current way that the character wizard (which has undergone changes) currently works and how it prioritizes which books to match features and spells from. So I'm just talking "out of the box" here.

Technically (though this wouldn't be a good idea because it's unmanageable) if you have a feat which was named the same as a spell, it would load the spell for you.. I don't recommend that. Just wanted to clarify that it's doing matching (prioritized), not replacement.
    Last edited by dbachen; January 8th, 2022 at 17:38.

Another note if using CW via character creation or LVL UP button:

They have added in their own abilities to add into action tab automagically recently when you commit your change. These of course will be hardcoded linked to their things causing anything that EE would find in a named match to be ignored (as EE will only add in something to action tab from abilities tab if the name is not there - which if CW puts it out there - it will be).

I'll see if there is an easy way to make this do the right search matching in CW override - but that thing is changing so frequently I'll likely just let it be. Only work around would be to replace those links with Aridhro's stuff - or delete those action tab entries (and group they create) and remove the PC from the CT and put it back in (EE will then put what it finds in its search).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V 1.43 - Feature - support new Module Priority Level so that is displayed in the module activation page entries. There are 3 levels (1-3) or none that can be set. Currently its a first come first server name match. Which works well unless you have supplemental modules that have conflicted names. Not a problem in Aridhro's data as he names his so the order comes out the way he wants them (they will get hit first before the things they supplement). But in other places (and for future) you may have many supplemental mods with lots of name conflicts. This module priority level lets you pick which modules get preference. If any module is set with a value it will keep searching for name matches until it finds the lowest priority match. So if I have PHB (SW) and Tasha's (SW) I can set Tasha's as priority 1 and insure any name conflicts we pick that one to resolve it. Likely I won't use this myself as the first come first serve works with my supplemental data already (I only use PHB). But if you have a lot of supplemental modules then this might help you. It only records loaded modules in the local DB under <module_priorities> with a <ModuleName> and a <ModulePriority> for its data. Any time the onInit gets triggered for the manager (app startup) this data will be cleaned up based on what modules are currently loaded (removes any that are not). It also only records ones that have had their module priority set. The option provided under "Module Priority" is "Display Module priority level (1-3)" defaulted to "off". This is only for display of module priority level in the module activation window. To use it for name resolution another flag under "Equipped Effects" is provided called "Use Module Priority" defaulted to "off". This will make the name matching I do for spells look at the priorities to resolve name conflicts instead of first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by dbachen View Post
    Howdy. I understand where your confusion is. Because spells is in that list, you thought a spell would be automatically added which is the 5eAE version. So you're reading that sentence as "Spells are automatically added". Unfortunately, that's not one of the thing it does.. The data is there for all of the spells to provide effects (beyond what the core books provide). Spells are a "choice" by the player, and different for every class. So you have to drag the 5eAE version of a spell from the spell sidebar to the character sheet.
    Yup, you got it. But yeah, honestly a minor issue for me. Just means I need to put in a bit more effort, as like SilentRuin does I restrict my players to phb base for 5e.

V 1.44 - FGU changes - updated extension to work with new FGU changes. Will now respect ID and attunment for NPC inventories (will not all equip if not ID'ed and attuned).

I am using your extension now for some time for items, and it works well (when an item is equipped, the effect from custom effects list with a matching name for the effect is applied). However - I do not see this behavior on Abilities & Feats.

From the Forge page:
    Ability to add/remove Abilities (Feats, Features, and Traits) that look up matching custom effects and powers for PC - and effects for NPCs - will auto update all the features supplied here when PC/NPC is added into combat tracker
    From your change log:
    V 1.15 - Features - New Options added "Update when added into CT" defaulted to "on"; and "Add/Remove Abilities" defaulted to "on". The new features will look up matches to custom effects and powers for abilities (Feats, Features, and Traits) for a PC. They will also look up custom effects for Traits and Actions in an NPC. When adding a PC/NPC into combat tracker it will insure all custom effects (and powers for PCs in actions tab) are automatically updated per all the equipped effects rules. For a PC abilities will be added to effects/powers when the Feat, Feature, or Trait is added into the abilities tab. They will be removed when they are removed out of the abilities tab. For NPC's this is done in the main page in the same manner but only for effects.
    Do I understand that if a character has e.g. an "Acrobatic" Feat, and there is an "Acrobatic" custom effect, it should be added to the Combat Tracker when the character is pulled there? I tried both: character on CT, then Feat added, and Character updated first, then pulled to CT. The effects was not picked up.
    Screenshot 2022-03-13 193124.jpg

Neither was I able to have a SQ or SA entries with same name like an effect (e.g. "Energy Drain") be added as effect when the NPC was pulled into CT. I tried "Energy Drain", "Energy Drain_NPC", and "Energy Drain_Spectre" as effect names - no luck.

I also noted that the described Options are not present (but this is an old change note, so they might be default "on" now and removed)

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported on 3.5e?

My understanding is its a 5e ext only as mentioned in the forge listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I am using your extension now for some time for items, and it works well (when an item is equipped, the effect from custom effects list with a matching name for the effect is applied). However - I do not see this behavior on Abilities & Feats.

From the Forge page:

From your change log:

Do I understand that if a character has e.g. an "Acrobatic" Feat, and there is an "Acrobatic" custom effect, it should be added to the Combat Tracker when the character is pulled there? I tried both: character on CT, then Feat added, and Character updated first, then pulled to CT. The effects was not picked up.
    Screenshot 2022-03-13 193124.jpg

Neither was I able to have a SQ or SA entries with same name like an effect (e.g. "Energy Drain") be added as effect when the NPC was pulled into CT. I tried "Energy Drain", "Energy Drain_NPC", and "Energy Drain_Spectre" as effect names - no luck.

I also noted that the described Options are not present (but this is an old change note, so they might be default "on" now and removed)

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported on 3.5e?
    As stated its for 5E - granted at one horribly naïve time I thought I could support other rulesets with it but turns out they were just too different. Not that I did not keep the bare bones basics running from those times but almost everything it supports is 5E only. Only very superficial things (from my stupid days when I thought I could support more than one ruleset) are supported in a very few rulesets. In fact, all advertisement and statements now state it is for 5E to avoid any confusion. Rulesets, while supposedly sharing a common code base in CoreRPG - do not. As I've found out much to my disappointment. They all went off on their own ways different from any other.

No problem - it does work for what I need it (and bought it for) in 3.5e. Just thought I do something wrong with the feats/abilities/traits. I knew it is limited in any other ruleset than 5e.

Hi SilentRuin. Last night, I noticed a bug (or it seems to be one). I'm attaching a picture. I've disabled all other extensions, and one by one tried to find the culprit, it appears, this is the one.

EquippedEffectsBug.png

Thread Information