DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 38 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    It's an Adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver. I'm happy to live with the extra text.
    Last edited by Leprekorn; May 18th, 2021 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Is an Adventure Lost Mines of Phandelver. I'm happy to live with the extra text.
    Once Aridhro is done with all the data he is supporting I can revisit how I'm doing "first link" translations and see if there is some pattern to only do certain things. But its a generic feature that does not care who's data it is - its going to translate the first link or not based on option setting. For sure it does not translate all first link types, but spell is one it does.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks I appreciate your time explaining this and all the work you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Thanks I appreciate your time explaining this and all the work you put in.
    A solution for you is to do what other modules do and put in an image as the first link. Then you will see what you want as image is not something I'll translate. That's what raw PHB and DMG data does which is why you won't see this issue with that unmodified data. I doubt there are many types of this "first link is spell" type of things so just correct them in the Host version of that module data (you'll lose the changes if you revert the data be aware - but otherwise they will be permanent for that campaign).

I may well give that a go

Followed your advice worked as you said. Thanks for the help.

Am having some trouble getting the Glowing Shortsword +1 from CoS to have its light effects work on equipping
    Have copied what works for Torch, Lantern and Sunsword but still wont trigger on equipping?
    eg on Actions tab of item, Added Power called Glowing Shortsword, then added effect with LIGHT: 30 lantern target SELF

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Am having some trouble getting the Glowing Shortsword +1 from CoS to have its light effects work on equipping
    Have copied what works for Torch, Lantern and Sunsword but still wont trigger on equipping?
    eg on Actions tab of item, Added Power called Glowing Shortsword, then added effect with LIGHT: 30 lantern target SELF
    As we discussed on discord - you wanted that as custom effect not a power if you want it auto added into CT.

And... you were right ,as per usual!
    I now have a lovely Glowing Shortsword effect setup on the effects table which auto loads in the CT when equipped!

V 1.23 - Feature - New option "Translate NPC Powers" will be defaulted to "On". Where spell powers have always risked having spell/power actions missing or mangled in combat tracker NPC list of things they can do (on host - or on player with Assistant GM), this new feature will insure any power created for (in) a PC will be properly shown in the combat tracker for an NPC list of things they can do. You could never do everything in the text that a PC could do - but the combat tracker list was supposed to allow that - which it never really did well. Now this will translate the unseen powers into the NPC CT entry correctly and completely. You have to add NPC into CT to get those things to update. I did not fix/change that aspect on how FGU works, so that if you drop in spell in CT entry its still not going to do it correctly per normal.

This new feature solves some annoyances and help Aridhro provide me with some more specific data for NPCs in his delivery. I'm fixing the age old pain in my FGU where PC generated powers in the action tab never successfully translate down into the combat tracker (CT) expanded action lines (for host or if you have assistant gm - for players). I'm tired of bogus effects popping up due to parsing problems and outright missing action power operations for the NPC in combat tracker list of actions. Anyway, fixed. It will be defaulted to ON in the options. Usually I turn stuff like this OFF by default - but the CT data for NPCs offends me with how it does not have all the power/spell data now. Aridhro's data has some issues with some effect text he used [] with but they will be fixed in his next release. In the end, as in most of my stuff - the rules are purely generic. This will work find with the default PHB or DMG data or any other name matching data you create in your NPC that matches a power you created (usually by using the PC sheet action tab and creating the spell/power actions in there).

Thread Information