DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amatiste View Post
    Hey Damned,

I was working on this from the video, all the calculations work, but the roll icon doesn't change to the gun icon. My roommate's works, but not mine. I have the newest morecore update
    Click in the first roll field and out again.

Damned, Can you add stats and display the sum?

Blog Entries
    Looks liek we need /tstertiary, /tsmove and /tslife rolls too....

tstertiary should be (a)+(b)
    tsmove should be (a)+(b)+(c)
    tslife should be ((a)+(b))/10

Is that correct?

You are covering it in the tsmove and yes, you're right. Perception uses average, HTH and surprise are sums

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Looks liek we need /tstertiary, /tsmove and /tslife rolls too....

tstertiary should be (a)+(b)
    tsmove should be (a)+(b)+(c)
    tslife should be ((a)+(b))/10

Is that correct?
    That looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Guys - what are Fame and Fortune Points and how do you Spend XP?
    Fame and fortune points are basically I don't want to die today points, you can trade in to avoid death and have 1 life level. I can't remember which is which but one of them is a secret amount that only the GM knows and the other is a d10 that the player knows. So you are never entirely sure if you have one left or not. It's kind of sinister.

XP is awarded based on missions and then divided by level and applied to the character. The higher level you are the less XP you get. Every 100 XP allows you to raise a primary score 1 point which slowly makes you more awesome. Most scores just improve calculated secondary and tertiary traits. Knowledge also gives you extra points to allocate to Areas of Knowledge values.

Speaking of Areas of Knowledge, that is a value between 1 and 150 that is determined by die roll and knowledge point allocation. 130 is the highest value starting but raising knowledge can give you points that can bring it to 150. You get knowlege/10 superior AoKs (with rolled values modified by a table) and then all others at half knowledge. I don't think there are any real MoreCore changes that would be needed for that, it is just a d100 under test with unspecified modifiers (the book really doesn't get into it, kind of sad), but to my knowledge this was the first RPG skill system so it was rules light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Fame and fortune points are basically I don't want to die today points, you can trade in to avoid death and have 1 life level. I can't remember which is which but one of them is a secret amount that only the GM knows and the other is a d10 that the player knows. So you are never entirely sure if you have one left or not. It's kind of sinister.

XP is awarded based on missions and then divided by level and applied to the character. The higher level you are the less XP you get. Every 100 XP allows you to raise a primary score 1 point which slowly makes you more awesome. Most scores just improve calculated secondary and tertiary traits. Knowledge also gives you extra points to allocate to Areas of Knowledge values.
    Hero Points would work for the Known one.
    I suppose a Similar tool with a (player) hidden value could work for the secret one...

It looks like a Spent XP field is required.

Does each AoK get a unique (random?) value? Or is there some other calculation?

Thread Information