DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Top Secret RPG on MoreCore

I made a video on creating a Top Secret RPG character and NPC sheet on MoreCore.
    https://youtu.be/LmhQU08BSe4

Video Part 2
    https://youtu.be/GfU3O9OeOkw

Let me know if this sort of thing is useful to you.
    Please use MoreCore 1.59 or later

Always good stuff.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Definitely going to give this a spin. Original Top Secret was one of my favorite RPGs in the early 80s.

Blog Entries
    Here is the content from that video.
    Also this was a first draft and it might not survive a baptism of fire.
    Happy to hear any feedback - Im probably not going to put a lot of coding effort into this but am happy to do some work.
    I think I will make a /tsprimary roll - similar to /rollunder but more accurate reporting and with the Gun Icon too.

Edit: Module now includes /tsprimary
    Also now includes Knowledge Table for rolling Areas of Knowledge. Drag the link from Chat to the Character Sheet and Add the Score (also rolled).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Nice! I played the original, back when it was new. Will have to look into it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi.

I decided to follow the video as a learning experience.

When I am entering the secondaries the box doesn't auto-fill the averaged values (which it does in the video) and if I click the gun icon it rolls vs A+B instead of the average of A+B. I downloaded the latest release of MoreCore before I started the project but was wondering if you are working with one that isn't yet available?

top_secret_deactivation.jpg

Also:

Life Levels is (Strength + Willpower)/10 (This is basically hit points)
    Movement is the sum of Strength+Willpower+Coordination.

Hand to Hand, Wrestling and Surprise Value are all calculated as value+value but are not averaged.

Thanks for the video, despite some things not firing just right it's pretty helpful as a learning tool.
    Last edited by esmdev; June 30th, 2020 at 07:05. Reason: Added picture

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

I decided to follow the video as a learning experience.

When I am entering the secondaries the box doesn't auto-fill the averaged values (which it does in the video) and if I click the gun icon it rolls vs A+B instead of the average of A+B. I downloaded the latest release of MoreCore before I started the project but was wondering if you are working with one that isn't yet available?

Also:

Life Levels is (Strength + Willpower)/10 (This is basically hit points)
    Movement is the sum of Strength+Willpower+Coordination.

Hand to Hand, Wrestling and Surprise Value are all calculated as value+value but are not averaged.

Thanks for the video, despite some things not firing just right it's pretty helpful as a learning tool.
    Thank you.
    Very likely that the roll was improved (fixed?) during the making of the video!
    Anyway the rolls are:

/topsecret 1d100<(a)+(b) and then hide (p1)(p3) and drag the appropriate attributes to (a) and (b)
    /tsprimary 1d100x(p1) and then hide (p2)(p3) and set the attribute score in (p1) in the character sheet

Are you saying that Hand to Hand, Wrestling and Surprise Value should not be (a)+(b) / 2 but should be (a)+(b)?
    How is Movement used mechanically?
    Life Level - thanks - there is no Roll needed for this.
    Is there any form of Damage Reduction? eg Bullet Proof Vest?

Appreciate the feedback.
    Ive also updated the module above to include the new /tsprimary roll.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thank you.
    Very likely that the roll was improved (fixed?) during the making of the video!
    Anyway the rolls are:

/topsecret 1d100<(a)+(b) and then hide (p1)(p3) and drag the appropriate attributes to (a) and (b)
    /tsprimary 1d100x(p1) and then hide (p2)(p3) and set the attribute score in (p1) in the character sheet

Are you saying that Hand to Hand, Wrestling and Surprise Value should not be (a)+(b) / 2 but should be (a)+(b)?
    How is Movement used mechanically?
    Life Level - thanks - there is no Roll needed for this.
    Is there any form of Damage Reduction? eg Bullet Proof Vest?

Appreciate the feedback.
    Ive also updated the module above to include the new /tsprimary roll.
    Hi. I downloaded today's MoreCore update and the calculations are working.

Movement is handled using a chart that basically goes...

ts_movement.jpg

Correct, Tertiary Traits (hand to hand, wrestling and surprise value) are sum total and not average. They are mostly used as comparisons and not really rolls. Wrestling was actually removed in the 2nd printing and just folded into Hand to Hand.

On life level, is there a way to do a calculation without a die roll in the sheet itself? Like (A)+(B)/10 or something of that nature?

As for damage reduction, the impacted body part being behind any sort of cover is absolute protection otherwise not really. Combat is entirely based on a strike/damage roll that doesn't take the defender into account at all (save for some modifiers from movement, range and such). So if you're being shot at the best you can do is run and dodge while looking for lots of cover.

Also, there are some stats that aren't represented that are from the Top Secret Companion (basically Advanced Top Secret). The Mad Irishman has a great character sheet that incorporates all of those attributes and such. It includes all the trait calculations.

https://www.mad-irishman.net/pubs/MI...ntsDossier.pdf

Hey Damned,

I was working on this from the video, all the calculations work, but the roll icon doesn't change to the gun icon. My roommate's works, but not mine. I have the newest morecore update

Thread Information