DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: FGU sharing

FGU sharing

When my Starfinder players pull up items to buy things, they cannot see them. I have to go through the list for each individual item and share it with them EVERY TIME I use FGU as it doesn’t “save”. Is there a way to share All the items so they can buy stuff and have it continue to stay that way every time we load our campaign?

I made sure to share the core Rulebook / armory with all players, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue. For some reason, individual content isn’t available to players, just me.

Another example is feats. A player wanted to look through the list of feats to select and add to his character sheet. The feat list was blank for him (but not me) I had to share each and every feat individually so he could see them. This takes a long time, is there an easier way?

Not sure if this a bug, I am just stupid and doing it wrong, or it’d supposed to work this way. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! Again this is FG Unity (not classic).

Should be going in the FGU forum, but do your players actually LOAD the rulebooks? They need to...otherwise they won't see anything.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Yes, modules are data packs that are loaded individually by GM or player. The GM just controls whether a player is allowed to load a module.

The sharing feature is an override that allows a GM to share specific records (for handouts, images, quests, etc.) Also, we just were able to track down an issue earlier today that prevented some module record sharing from persisting after two reloads. That fix will be in the next early release build.

Regards,
    JPG

I've yet to have a single player read/follow those "first launch" messages that tell them to load modules and such, so I either have to spend time with each new player during session 0 basically reading them the prompts they ignored, or else walk them through it in-session when they complain that their links don't work.

I'd say perhaps if there was a big red flashing message telling them it's important it might work, but I'm pretty sure people are just bad at reading directions :\

Yes, they have core Rulebook (players) and armory loaded.

I straight up have my players load the GM version of the rulebooks (not adventure modules). It's saved a lot of hassle with item issues, although occasionally they have to reload the modules at the beginning of the session because once in a while FG forgets that we told it to load this thing and not that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Transbot9 View Post
    I straight up have my players load the GM version of the rulebooks (not adventure modules). It's saved a lot of hassle with item issues, although occasionally they have to reload the modules at the beginning of the session because once in a while FG forgets that we told it to load this thing and not that thing.
    That is actually the recommended approach for Starfinder as they duplicated everything from the Players book into the GM book (which causes issues with linking since links for the GM and links for the players go to different books). Last I heard, they will eventually be consolidated or de-duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSalamander View Post
    Yes, they have core Rulebook (players) and armory loaded.
    If you want to private message me, I can try connecting and seeing if I can figure it out?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information