DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do you tell who originally triggered a buttonfield change?

I'm trying to figure out if the host or player changed a buttonfield. Because if either sets a new value (setValue(state)) the other immediately receives it as if it set that new state itself and I want to know in the script logic for the buttonfield who actually triggered the change (host or player).

Is there a call to do this someplace? Obviously User.isHost just thinks "oh yeah, this is me changing" when in reality the change in state originated from the player.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Well I solved this by dancing between onButtonPress() and onValueChanged() - it was the only way that I could find that would work.

Blog Entries
    Typically use onClickRelease rather than onButtonPress - its a more commonly used UI so that user can change their mind.
    Other than that continue...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Typically use onClickRelease rather than onButtonPress - its a more commonly used UI so that user can change their mind.
    Other than that continue...
    This is more about changing a button state on an existing button (preventing it from changing in certain conditions) - so for this buttonfield I needed a logic combination of onButtonPress, onValueChanged, and a Db.handler in order to get what I wanted to work.

Thread Information