DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Non-profiency penalty

Hey all, before I post this in the bug reports, my party and I are playing a Starfinder game. Fantasy grounds keeps hitting us with a -4 penalty for non-profiency, for everything. I didn't see it in the known issues, so I am hoping we are missing something and can easily fix it on our end.

Is there a box we need to tick somewhere to get rid of this penalty? Right now we are simply adding 4 to every attack roll, but I'd like to not have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmnky413 View Post
    Hey all, before I post this in the bug reports, my party and I are playing a Starfinder game. Fantasy grounds keeps hitting us with a -4 penalty for non-profiency, for everything. I didn't see it in the known issues, so I am hoping we are missing something and can easily fix it on our end.

Is there a box we need to tick somewhere to get rid of this penalty? Right now we are simply adding 4 to every attack roll, but I'd like to not have to do that.

I assume you are using a weapon that is in your proficiency list and you added that weapon to your inventory to get it on your actions tab and that it is a standard weapon (i.e. not one that you manually created)?

If you post one of your character XML exports I can take a look.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Just doing some testing and I think I know what the problem is. These characters were created in Manage Characters, right? Then they were exported and imported into Starfinder. Everytime I have done this it results in -4 penalty. However, if I create characters in a campaign, they don't have this problem. We've been saying for a long time now that you should not use the Character Mangler....if that is not the case, then once again, please send a character XML...we'll be able to tell.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

It's also important to make sure that any weapon proficiencies are listed in the correct place (under Feats) and that they were actually drag/ dropped from the Feats menu (or generated automatically as part of your character's Class Abilities). If you type it in by hand it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitus View Post
    It's also important to make sure that any weapon proficiencies are listed in the correct place (under Feats) and that they were actually drag/ dropped from the Feats menu (or generated automatically as part of your character's Class Abilities). If you type it in by hand it won't work.
    Not under Feats...under "Proficiency". Having them under feats breaks it....
    aka Laendra

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Not under Feats...under "Proficiency". Having them under feats breaks it....
    Right! Sorry... That's what I meant. Thanks for the correction.

Thread Information