DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Checking if there is interest in a dark ages VtM 5e campaign

It is the year 1215, 3 years after the great battle of Las Navas de Tolosa where King Alfonso VIII of Castille and his allies dealt a devastating blow against the Almohad. The tide of the Reconquista seemed to be favouring the Christians...

I am planning to running a dark ages vampire campaign for a few months (at the least) using the VtM 5e ruleset. The campaign will be set in medieval Spain during the time of the Reconquista with a few changes in the timeline so everything is not predictable. It will be a mix of story, exploration and combat. Role-playing your character is a significant part of this and if you just want to join to roll dice...then no. I am looking for players who would be willing to put effort into their characters, actively participate in the story as it unfolds and of course, role-play. Faith plays an important part of the story and a big caveat is to leave personal religious views out of the game. If you are not comfortable with that, please do not apply.

Story info: The players will start as neonates, members of the Order of Santiago, fighting on the side of the Holy Church. The campaign will consist of a number of smaller adventures and 'side-quests', but the meta plot (roughly) follows the historic timeline of events.
    ST licence: FGCU
    Game starting: Sometime in July (no date yet)
    Time: Friday evenings 6pm till 11pm GMT+2
    Number of players wanted: 3-5, 18+
    Voice: Google Meet
    Session streaming: No

If you might be interested, reply to this thread. I need to get an idea on if there is enough interest before I do serious work on setting it all up.

Hello! Yes, I am interested. I came to the forums just now looking for a Vampire the Masquerade game, so I was happy to see your post. I have not played VtM since the 90s so I would need to update myself on the new rules but I am a very experienced roleplayer and would be excited to join your campaign. Plus the medieval setting is super intriguing and right up my alley. Thank you!

UPDATE: Ohhhh nevermind. I was all excited but then I noticed your timezone. Pretty sure 6pm GMT+2 is 2am my time. Sorry, that just won't work - even though as a vampire RPer you would think I would love that lol.
    Last edited by Rathar; June 27th, 2020 at 06:54.

https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ makes it a little easier to work out
    Looks like 6pm my time would be 10am in Calgary. Still might not work for you, but let me know if still interested.

Hi, just saw your post and i have to say i'm very interested about this VtM v5 chronicle, i have little experience with the v5 system and with the dark ages metaplot, but i'm a fast learner , timezone-wise there's no problem for me, if you're still searching i'm available
    Last edited by BigBaws96; June 27th, 2020 at 16:04.

Past experience is not a requirement and I am still looking for players. I'll add your name

Hey there! I've also been looking for a VtM game and the time zone fits perfect to mine (GMT +3). I haven't played 5e yet but I'm a big time VtM fan. I would like to join your campaign if you have any spots for me

Great! I will send you an invite to the game info group

I played VTM back in the late 90's and every once in a while the old group would get together and do 3 months here or there with stories. I really miss the game and the memories it brings. I would be very interested in this if you are still crafting the story and gathering Kindred to run through it. I am not very familiar with the Old World aspect of the game, but highly anticipate it and think it works in my favor if I can roleplay a new Kindred in that situation with fresh eyes and no idea of what they're up against. The time is not a problem for me. I look forward to your response. Thanks.

I'll send you an invite to the group on FG. We have numbers, but there are one or two players who have some time zone challenges and we've not had session zero yet. Welcome aboard!

Thread Information