Starfinder Playlist

Can't seem to get a buttoncontrol to appear in effects window

I'm trying to add a buttoncontrol (2 actually but doing 1 would solve my problem) on the CoreRPG/utility/utility_effects.xml. I would like to add these buttons to the left or right (don't care which) of the edit list button in there. But I've tried for about an hour and half and can't seem to figure out the anchoring that will even let the buttons even appear on the window - let alone appear where I want them to go. Any tips, even showing a stupid <buttoncontrol>[just an icon]</buttoncontrol> where I can see it on effects window would be great. I've been trying to join it to the effectlist as shown below to no avail (I've replaced my last attempts to express myself fully on my feelings about it). I just want to see my buttoncontrol appear on the thing - after that I can probably work out the positioning. I've tried to anchor to most of the named things to no avail.

Code:
    <root>
    	<windowclass name="effectlist" merge="join">
    		<buttoncontrol name="stupid_button">
    			<anchored to="stupid_place_I_cant_find" width="20" height="20" />
    			<icons>stupid_icon</icons>
    		</buttoncontrol>
    	</windowclass>	
    </root>
    Going to bed, been looking at this too long. I know I'm doing something dumb, so if someone can kindly point it out I'd appreciate it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

You need to put controls in <sheetdata>, not at the root of the windowclass.

Look in the PFRPG2 ruleset, utility\utility_effects.xml for an example of adding a button to the effects window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You need to put controls in <sheetdata>, not at the root of the windowclass.

Look in the PFRPG2 ruleset, utility\utility_effects.xml for an example of adding a button to the effects window.
    I find it deeply annoying I cannot give you more reputation

Once again, you have solved an issue with one simple sentence. THANK YOU!!!

Plus, I never even thought to look for code examples outside of 5E.pak/CoreRPG.pak - that's something that will likely come in useful also!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information