STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 33 First ... 172526272829 ... Last
    You can also make a .mod to hold your assets you just have to make sure they go in the asset diretories I'm looking for - in this example (which I actually use for myself) I zipped up these files and renamed the zip to mod to create it. Key point is it has to be a directory strating with "images" (in FGU app the asset window has buttons up top - this is the one I'll look in) and then the name has to be "Data" (which is where FGU app puts things from its images directory - see it as folder name in Assets window). I put it in Data instead of Campaign so that anything I want to locally override I can simply put in the campaigns/<name of campaign>/images directory.

GenericActionsLayersMod.png
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Generic Actions Layer Extension - V1.10 - Features - New "Self" appended to any effect name so that the target (normal name) and source (self name) can be separated. This new "self" name cannot be extracted from CT effect so the display all effects map button will only find non "self" name matches. Not sure what to do about that for now (I'm just making a non self name where required - still not perfect). If you add "Keep" to end of any asset name it will be stored as a separate layer "GA_<name>_<source name>". This new name will check vs any delete node operation to see if it has is an "%.effects.%id" node path and then determine the CT node and label value from that - then form and check the name vs existing layer names and remove any match. How I plan to use this to keep my lazy DM ways is for example - my player Cirrus will do a Fog Cloud spell (I use advantagesPA extension) by using a ptr shape of circle to place where they want the fog cloud - then select targets and apply the effects which will trigger an asset name match on FogCloudPTRCircleKeep.webm and place that 20ft cloud scaled to circle placed in a map layer called GA_fogcloud_Cirrus. When the concentration effect expires or is deleted the layer will be found and also be deleted. The other default layer names have also been shortened so they can be seen (limited MAP UI to display name no way to see full name). The new names are "GA" , "GA Ptr", and "GA Effect". Also when a PTR Keep asset is placed it will check if the original name matches an NPC name and if it does it will place that NPC in the CT and at the center of the PTR. And when that PTR Keep asset is removed it will also check for the matchin NPC and remove it completely also. As I plan to use it - I will have for example a Fog Cloud NPC that has an AURA effect on it - so that when the Fog Cloud effect is reset (without changing duration of course unless you have duplicate effects allowed) it will appear to move the Fog Cloud Asset and the NPC associated with it (invisible). And when effect is removed it will remove the asset and the NPC (including its aura effects on anything). I do this by also using AURA and Equipped Effect Extension for most of these keep type of NPCs. While Fog Cloud NPC does not require AURA as I define it to have a trait defined as Fog Cloud and a custom effect defined as "Fog Cloud; LIGHT: 20/20 darkness". My Flaming Sphere NPC however requires AURA as I have a trait defined as Flaming Sphere and a custom effect defined as "Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEA: [SDC] DEX (H)(M); SAVEE: [SDC] DEX (H)(M); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire". The Keep naming option is just a tool and provides you ways to do lots of things. For instance, I may have an invisible assistant GM PC that has a number of traits and custom effects which allow me to trigger keep PTRs asset placement based on pretty much anything I want and simply remove them by removing the effect from my dummy PC (or NPC). Of course, the downside of tools are they allow you to do truly stupid things. I suspect some nut will have 1000 targets and trigger assets and NPCs for each one of them until their map runs out of memory and drops dead. Back up your projects which include your maps IMHO or suffer the consequences.

You can watch new video if you want a clue as to what all this means. But I'm much to invovled in prepping my game with all this stuff to bother with more explanation. Play with it. For sure I'm adding emotes for my players also - but not bothering to explain - you have the Tool - you choose how to use it. Or not. It's "good enough" given the amount of kludging an workarounds I've had to do just to get this much working.

GenericActions.ext - V1.47 - Bug - invisible flanking tokens were giving flanking advantage. Fixed.

GenericActionsLayer.ext - V1.11 - Bug - Display effect assets button was deleting PTRs instead of just effects. Fixed. Other general fixes.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 25th, 2023 at 14:59.

Actually used the new GenericActionsLayer.ext and VLC sounds in a live session.

GenericActionsLayer.ext - V1.12 - Feature - if (P) appears in effect name and it happens to trigger a Keep generic actions asset then it will treat that asset as permanent until the effect itself is deleted. Personally, I can see so many uses for this I'm not going to bother to enumerate them. For sure my examples will have a WayPointSelfKeep.webm and a WayPointSelfPTRCircleKeep.webm that I tested with - but that is truly only a trivial use I can see for this power.

FYI - using paint.net (free app on web I downloaded) and https://pixelied.com/convert/png-converter/png-to-webp to convert all my .png to .webp as some helpful people informed me in discord that .webp takes much less space than .jpg and .png (transparencies).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 2nd, 2023 at 23:11.

I should note the debug does not show the name searched before a "self" name - but it is there. And for cast - even though the name Ranged and Melee is not used the point the asset will be placed will reflect whether it was a ranged (between tokens) or melee (on token) distance. Latest update in .mod examples shows this in fireball.webm (placed between source and target(s)) and fireballcastptrcircle.webm (put in center of circle). Both are not keep as this is not something that sticks around nor is tied to an effect.

Bravo. I have a simple question. Apologies if missed this somewhere.

I noticed it parses chat for attacks, ect.. not just effects.

I use AD&D 2e (aka classic dnd ruleset) - In the short time i played with this i managed to get it working when clicking an effect with the matching name of the web and/or animated asset. Aka i got a nice cute light wounds working on targets, as well as a fireball. I simply emulated what i saw in the video, which was to make a generic assets folder loaded with various image assets, and match the name with the effect string.

However I noticed you were shooting bows and swinging swords and vola, it was parsing chat or (n) and checking for a matching named asset. Aka you had it working somehow with attacks, damage and others.

I have the debug on - only time i see it check is when an effect goes off. Damage and attack is no mass.

Im mainly just curious at this point how you did that. If there is some instructions i missed, by all means let me know. Im reading the txt - almost positive it’s the string matching, but just want to be sure. Don’t expect miracles.

Thanks, great work.

happy labor day
    Last edited by spencerg; September 3rd, 2023 at 05:52.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    Bravo. I have a simple question. Apologies if missed this somewhere.

I noticed it parses chat for attacks, ect.. not just effects.

I use AD&D 2e (aka classic dnd ruleset) - In the short time i played with this i managed to get it working when clicking an effect with the matching name of the web and/or animated asset. Aka i got a nice cute light wounds working on targets, as well as a fireball. I simply emulated what i saw in the video, which was to make a generic assets folder loaded with various image assets, and match the name with the effect string.

However I noticed you were shooting bows and swinging swords and vola, it was parsing chat or (n) and checking for a matching named asset. Aka you had it working somehow with attacks, damage and others.

I have the debug on - only time i see it check is when an effect goes off. Damage and attack is no mass.

Im mainly just curious at this point how you did that. If there is some instructions i missed, by all means let me know. Im reading the txt - almost positive it’s the string matching, but just want to be sure. Don’t expect miracles.

Thanks, great work.

happy labor day
    As its technically only supported in 5E I assume because the functions I listed at bottom of .txt file that trigger these things are not supported in your ruleset. To be honest I'm shocked it works at all. But I guess some rulesets did not go off the rails completely on rewriting how CORE and things work. So you get partial support by pure luck. Not by my intention - just by luck. So unless using 5E you'll have to take what you get - sorry.

Creating an effect and having it parse for the matching name when said effect fires === good enough for me.

In this case, I just made an effect for Cure Light Wounds called 'curelightwounds' (Heal wasn't triggering the check). Works great.

I don't need it to get too fancy. The fact that it can place something on the image when I click a button is awesome, not to mention the self-cleaning mechanics.

I'll poke around deeper with it and see what else works.

In any event, thanks you.

This is/has always been, a very nice extension and has sure grown a lot since I stopped playing 5e.

I was surprised to see a piece of it pop up in the extension list when I opened up my AD&D game.

Thread Information