FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 33 First ... 132122232425 ... Last
    Poor phrasing on my part.
    I was wondering why the dagger thrown at the adjacent aarakocra is not given disadvantage.
    Last edited by webdove; April 21st, 2023 at 22:36.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Poor phrasing on my part.
    I was wondering why the dagger thrown at the adjacent aarakocra is not given disadvantage.
    Well looking at your dagger throws both are completely different. One has an effect of some sort so not enough info. The way you can figure it out is if there can only be one ADV or DIS setting resolved at the end - if both occur then they cancel out.

So what is going on there? I have no idea. Look to your effects being applied and work it out. And by effects I mean ANY - as obviously prone, unconscious, etc. have their own ramifications.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well looking at your dagger throws both are completely different. One has an effect of some sort so not enough info. The way you can figure it out is if there can only be one ADV or DIS setting resolved at the end - if both occur then they cancel out.

So what is going on there? I have no idea. Look to your effects being applied and work it out. And by effects I mean ANY - as obviously prone, unconscious, etc. have their own ramifications.
    I will try and duplicate this as you now describe and see if something is off with 5ft rule.

Ok. I will provide more info when I get back to my computer.

Ok. I will provide more info when I get back to my computer.
    Yeah I can't duplicate your issue. Again - check that all effects are accounted for (and abilities if its crossbow expert or one of the others I support). I suspect its doing exactly what your telling it to do. Just figure out what that is.

Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture 2.png
    This is mysterious. Stjarna does not have any effects that look like they would prevent disadvantage for ranged in melee. Zer0 has "crossbow expert". Yet Stjarna has no disadv shooting in melee and Zer0 does. My game is about to start so I will have to look into this further with all other extensions unloaded tomorrow.

Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture 2.png
    This is mysterious. Stjarna does not have any effects that look like they would prevent disadvantage for ranged in melee. Zer0 has "crossbow expert". Yet Stjarna has no disadv shooting in melee and Zer0 does. My game is about to start so I will have to look into this further with all other extensions unloaded tomorrow.
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. For sure your not showing me the abilities tab - which is the ONLY thing that matters when finding if someone is a crossbow expert. Could care less if an effect states it or not.

It looks at the feat - literally in the DB - nothing else.

I think I've misunderstood your argument entirely as its just been pointed out to me by MrDDT and Ryan that the rule is anyone hostile within 5ft causes disadvantage of ranged attacks and I'm only doing the target.

Monday after some weekend testing will get a new Generic actions where ranged attacks with ANY token of a different faction within 5ft (and not incapacitated/Unconscious/Paralyzed) will get Disadvantage (was only doing target - will be fixed). And will fix Flanking to no longer requires the flanker to also be targeting the targeted token and to check not the same factions for target and same faction for source and flanker. The "Determine Flanking Advantage on Melee Attack" will also support off/ADV/+1/+2 and default to ADV.

V1.42- Bug/Feature - Ranged attacks with ANY token of a different faction within 5ft (and not incapacitated/Unconscious/Paralyzed/Blinded and attacker is not set to always invisible) will get Disadvantage (was only doing target - fixed). Fixed Flanking to no longer requires the flanker to also be targeting the targeted token and to check not the same factions for target and same faction for source and flanker (and not incapacitated/Unconscious/Paralyzed/Blinded and attacker is not set to always invisible). The "Determine Flanking Advantage on Melee Attack" will now support off/ADV/+1/+2 and default to ADV.

Thread Information