DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 33 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.16 - Feature - New option "Apply DIS for weapon range (restart app)" defaulted to off. This will check the distance between attacker and target and check if ranged weapon with a "range low/high" in PC( charsheet inventorylist)/NPC(CT inventorylist or actions) is within 5ft or if range is > low or <= high range and apply disadvantage. It will put chat messages if either of these - or the range is > high (won't stop the attack its just informative - if you do damage it will still do it per hit/miss roll). If the attacker is using something with "crossbow" in the name and has the "Crossbow Expert" feat they will not have the 5ft disadvantage applied. If they have the "Sharpshooter" feat (or "Fighting Sharpshooter Mastery" feat - for SW5E - which is the real reason I'm adding this mess for my game) they will not have the low/high range disadvantage applied. The option is defaulted to off so if you turn it on you will have to restart the app (like some of the other options) in order to get it applied. If its on when you start the app then you can turn it off and on and it will work. The reason these (restart app) options are done this way is they override critical functions that will usually stomp anyone else who uses those same registered handlers. So I make sure if you turn them "off" and then restart the app - they are no longer overriding that handler. No other way to really do it. If you don't want this - just leave it off.
    Any plans to include ranged spell attacks (like eldritch blast) in the group that has DIS applied when in melee? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Any plans to include ranged spell attacks (like eldritch blast) in the group that has DIS applied when in melee? Thanks!
    That was a bug on my part will be fixing it shortly. Was assuming the range low/high had to be present for the 5ft check and that only the target was in 5ft. I'm now doing it correctly with any "not same faction" (because of my world the way I use factions) in 5ft that is not incapacitated. Will be done shortly after some basic testing.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks! No worries. I read your use of "weapon attacks" I assume it was being very specific. As a result I did not see this as a bug but working as described.

V1.17 - Bug - V1.16 range feature was not handling the 5ft disadvantage rule correctly. This has been fixed. Note: Because I use NPCs and all the factions, the hostile within 5ft is really a "not same faction" in 5ft check in my world. This is also for any ranged attack (not just a weapon with a "range low/high").

Last night my group saw strange behavior from Kent's pack tactics and using the Generic actions range weapon option. When a creature with pack tactics attacks it would throw 3 dice keep one of the adv rolls and the normal roll and add them together. I guess these are in conflict.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last night my group saw strange behavior from Kent's pack tactics and using the Generic actions range weapon option. When a creature with pack tactics attacks it would throw 3 dice keep one of the adv rolls and the normal roll and add them together. I guess these are in conflict.
    Would not surprise me - why its defaulted to off. Anything that touches the attack logic usually has issues from either having to put something in middle or not calling the super calls to let someone else do them. Just leave that option set to off if you use those things.

I was hoping it was an easy fix as I like using the GA to do my range finding in combat. Thanks for the info.

I was hoping it was an easy fix as I like using the GA to do my range finding in combat. Thanks for the info.
    Well crud. I just had my Monday night game and when one guy got within 5ft of an enemy with DIS on his attack - 3 dice rolled. I'm going to have to look into this from the extensions I used. So maybe a bug - I'll have to look at it later this week or on the weekend.

I see. As you said, "Anything that touches the attack logic" could be a large number of exts...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Well crud. I just had my Monday night game and when one guy got within 5ft of an enemy with DIS on his attack - 3 dice rolled. I'm going to have to look into this from the extensions I used. So maybe a bug - I'll have to look at it later this week or on the weekend.
    I saw this behavior in my game last night as well. Confused the heck out of me and my players. It took a while to figure out that it was Generic Actions that was causing it. It seems to happen when the ADV or DIS buttons are pressed before an attack and/or an effect that bestows one of those conditions (such as restrained) is on the character. I'm glad you noticed it. I was just coming here to report it.

Edit: Extensions I was using:

5e - Advanced Effects
    5e - Advantage Display
    5e - Auto encumbrance
    5e - automatic death resistance
    5e - automatic mirror image
    5e - automatic sneak attack
    5e - Generic Actions
    5e - indicators
    5e - polymorphism
    5e - turn based effects
    5e - equipped effects
    5e - elven accuracy
    5e - legendary assistant
    5e - modifier buttons A
    Clear dead
    easy lights
    feature: Aura Effects
    Feature: Better combat effects
    Feature: Friend Zone
    Feature: Party Item identified
    Feature: Size matters
    Feature: StealthTracker
    Feature: Token Height indication
    Select on Turn
    Toggle Light effects
    Last edited by wframe; February 1st, 2022 at 15:33.

Thread Information