STAR TREK 2d20

5e Adventure with P2 ruleset?

I know it would be some work, but if I bought a 5e adventure, could I run it with the Pathfinder ruleset? I know I would have to convert a lot, (monsters, NPC, etc). But will FG let me mix the two?

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's doable, when PF2 came out I ran Dungeon of the Mad Mage and converted it to 2e and it was tons of fun. Lot's of work but my group and I enjoyed it much more in the PF system

I'm currently running a PF1E adventure path (Reign of Winter) using the PF2E rule set with the Universal Module Extension. I expect that using a 5E adventure there will be similar issues. All of the maps and adventure text should work as-is, which is huge IMO.

Encounters will have to be completely reworked. If you have a similar/identical monster you can pull from the Bestiary, I just use those and drop them into a replacement encounter. NPCs and monsters which aren't in the PF2E bestiary you will need to code by hand.

Treasure also needs to be completely reworked since the economy in PF2E is very different from the economy in PF1E or 5E. You will also need to decide if you want to convert magic items which don't exist in PF2E into similar but possibly different magic items, or if you want to re-create the 5E magic item under the PF2E rules. I've done a mix of both with the PF1E items which don't exist in PF2E.

Probably the single biggest issue is that the custom spells which appeared in the adventure were causing issues when they were imported. They caused errors when the spell list was opened and prevented most search functions from working in the FG Spells window. I ended up having to delete the custom adventure spells from the spell list. Once I did that I needed to restart FG. After that the spell list no longer threw errors when it was opened and the spell list search functions started working again.

So huge props to the Universal Module Extension and FGC allowing things to work relatively well cross platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Hykim View Post
    Treasure also needs to be completely reworked since the economy in PF2E is very different from the economy in PF1E or 5E.
    Yep, I do like it, except because gold is worth so much more in PF2e than other games You cant really dole it out, and having a dragon sitting atop a large pile of copper just isnt the same!
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I am thinking about adding 'keep on the borderlands' as a random side quest to see how many of the players recognize the map. I want the map and Id love to keep the flavor text.

I also would like to re run some of the A1, A2 and A3 series but that would be a lot of work.

Thread Information