FG Spreadshirt Swag

Deadlands in SWADE

Has anyone used the Deadlands Reloaded material in the SWADE ruleset? Does it work ok? I know we are a bit out before the SWADE Deadlands comes out but just seeing people's experiences and if it's worth doing or wait until the new material comes out.
    "I'm excusing a lot because I recognise the trauma and loss you have suffered. But my patience isn't limitless..unlike my authority." - Inquisitor Eisenhorn

We're using it now and it is working better than expected. Just a few minor tweaks, and the rest works automatically.

We actually did the "crossover" to SWADE before starting play in Fantasy Grounds, though, so if your group already have established characters made using the Deluxe rules you may need some extra work to get started.

What tweaks have u had to work with? Using SWADE ruleset with the reloaded books?
    "I'm excusing a lot because I recognise the trauma and loss you have suffered. But my patience isn't limitless..unlike my authority." - Inquisitor Eisenhorn

They actually brought the Deadlands rules much closer to SWADE. A few of the Edges and Hindrances had to change to accommodate that. There is no more Grit and bennies are not divided into different types of chips any more. No more Charisma, of course. They altered and simplified the high-noon style dueling rules. In general, I think the changes were good. I wish they had implemented the SWADE wealth system; I'm planning to put together a new campaign and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_lifesaver View Post
    What tweaks have u had to work with? Using SWADE ruleset with the reloaded books?
    Just to clarify: We're using the current version of Deadlands available for FG with the SWADE rules. I backed the new SWADE DLR on kickstarter and got the early release of the rulebook, but we started the campaign well before that became available.

As for tweaking, here are a few examples:

Since a few of the skills have changed, you have to remember that when telling the players what to do, e.g. roll "Survival" instead of "Tracking". I haven't bothered with updating NPC stats to reflect this, and for skills like "Athletics" i usually assume that the NPCs have the skill at their base attribute level or one die lower and roll that.

We use the Fate Chips instead of regular bennies, and re-rolling attacks by dragging bennies to the attack die does not work, so we need to reset ammo and modifiers before rerolling.

Legend chips need some house rules, since with the SWADE rules some of the listed uses are pointless, and getting a full advance (not using XP) would be to much of an advantage in my opinion. Just make sure everyone agrees what they should do, or remove them completely.

When using powers that are in SWADE, we use the SWADE version, which means that effects can be dragged from the power descriptions to the target. When using DLR-specific powers, we have created effects as needed.

Thread Information