STAR TREK 2d20

[SWD] (possibly SWADE also) - <Weaponlist>

What is <ammomax> for? Does it appear on the UI?

What is the <modification> section for? I see there is a UI part that lets you add them but unsure what to do.

Asked in another thread, I take it the editable portion of the Ammo is for "Shots LEFT" right? It is called <used> in xml but everytime I drag a weapon over it shows at full, e.g. Glock, 17/17.

(I just remembered the awesome documentation. Checked it to make sure it didn't answer my ammo questions. It appears to answer my used/left question as indicating left ammo. I inferred that from the thing about clicking the bullet to reduce ammo or rightclicking to select burst etc. Now, none of that worked, didn't see an "attack button" on mini window and those windows were not dockable and char sheet was different... I am guessing that it is just woefully out of date no matter how fantastic most of the info is. I am puzzled that "fancy" things like ammo and dockable went away - or is it something I am doing/running to prevent it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    (I just remembered the awesome documentation. Checked it to make sure it didn't answer my ammo questions. It appears to answer my used/left question as indicating left ammo. I inferred that from the thing about clicking the bullet to reduce ammo or rightclicking to select burst etc. Now, none of that worked, didn't see an "attack button" on mini window and those windows were not dockable and char sheet was different... I am guessing that it is just woefully out of date no matter how fantastic most of the info is. I am puzzled that "fancy" things like ammo and dockable went away - or is it something I am doing/running to prevent it.)
    Ammo is now fully automated in version 5.2.5. There is a new option in the settings menu to turn this on.

Ammo Max is the magazine size and Ammo left is ammo remains.

Firing automatically reduces the remaining ammo and you no longer need to click on the bullet.
    Right click on attack dice and you find an option on the radial menu to change ROF. This will increase ammo usage and factor recoil automatically. Again there is no need to ever click the ammo counter. It knows to use 10 shots.

A sub attack with effect [>#3RB] will trigger a "3 round burst" and factor in ammo usage and dice bonus automatically.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

I just tried it, didn't work. Meaning, fired ammo didn't change. I right-clicked ont he attack dice, chose 3 attacks and got the recoil - penalty added to the rolls but no ammo change.
    This is in SWD.

Switched to SWADE and got the auto reduction of ammo with firing. So, maybe when it was added to SWADE they removed the bullet functionality but did not restore the old functionality?

I really do not know this stuff well. I have played in 2 SW games couple FGCons ago. Have never run one, prepping for a game in 2 Saturdays. So trying to learn this stuff with outdated info which is OK - just that seems the SWADE ruleset (which I also bought) has thrown a wrench in things (POSSIBLY) but I plan on playing SWD rules cos I have all the old modules (yes they can convert but then I'd have to read the SWADE rules learn that and made the adjustments - rather play as written) and planned on some older DLR after doing the WotD for a couple sessions to warm em up to the ruleset.

Anyone able to tell me in case doing it wrong, how to trigger attacks for auto ammo adjustments? (GREAT idea on Subattack, never thought of that use - they should add that to 5E/2E cos I keep making alternate weapon entries for thrown items and offhand attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    Ammo is now fully automated in version 5.2.5. There is a new option in the settings menu to turn this on.

Ammo Max is the magazine size and Ammo left is ammo remains.

Firing automatically reduces the remaining ammo and you no longer need to click on the bullet.
    Right click on attack dice and you find an option on the radial menu to change ROF. This will increase ammo usage and factor recoil automatically. Again there is no need to ever click the ammo counter. It knows to use 10 shots.

A sub attack with effect [>#3RB] will trigger a "3 round burst" and factor in ammo usage and dice bonus automatically.
    Sorry, new to this - after rightclick new subattack, what windows do I fill with what literal text (for 3RB), like put it in quotes and I will ignore the outer quotes Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Sorry, new to this - after rightclick new subattack, what windows do I fill with what literal text (for 3RB), like put it in quotes and I will ignore the outer quotes Thanks man.
    This is new stuff and many people are not farmiliar with it. I highly recommend that you have a look at Doswelks update vidio which will explain recent changes in 5.2

This is primarily for SWADE. However there is also new functions for SWD and I recommend you have a quick look at the development thread. In which Ikael lists the changes. It might help you figure things out.

Release Notes 5.2
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 22nd, 2020 at 07:10.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Ah cool. About to head to bed but I had coincidentally just finished Doswelk’s SW Ruleset 4.6 Part one and at 8min mark (items with effects) on part 2 - figures learn the basic SWD cos last time I (barely) used it was >2 years back.

I will continue to the SWADE one then since you say also gives tips to SWD.

Thanks yet again.

Thread Information