5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Alien RPG Timeouts on Update (Classic)

So I just purchased the Alien RPG and the add on for it. However when I try and update everything to get these new items, I keep getting in the updater "ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out" on the "updating docs/ALIEN RPG - FG Ruleset Manual.pdf" and it won't proceed past it. It just keeps continually retrying. There's not an issue with my network connection, everything else works fine including FG games, but it can't finish getting the Alien RPG items. Thoughts? Is the ALIEN RPG - FG Ruleset Manual.pdf file too large for the launcher to manage with FG's network, as that's what it seems like? Just keeps getting stuck in a "Retrying in 10 seconds" loop.
    Last edited by The Canterbury Tail; October 19th, 2020 at 19:11.
    Just once I would like someone to call me "Sir," without adding "you're making a scene."

find that file in the vault and delete it, forcing an update. There might have been a corrupted download.

Can't locate it, it's never been downloaded in the first place.
    Just once I would like someone to call me "Sir," without adding "you're making a scene."

It seems from other searches this error appears when files are too large, or there is too much load on the FG database.

Did other updates earlier in the process work OK? Or was this the first actual file to be downloaded when you ran the updater?

Larger files can certainly have a higher chance to have an issue downloading if the servers are under load. Do you see the progress bar moving at all?

These questions are trying to ascertain if you can download anything at all from the update servers, or if you're not getting any data to download.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Everything else worked to that point. Some CoC updates, then all the main Alien RPG mod files until it hit that file.

They just posted some hot fixes to the files

I updated the ruleset on three FG instances without issue or timeout. Have you tried deleting the PDF file from the doc folder?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I updated the ruleset on three FG instances without issue or timeout. Have you tried deleting the PDF file from the doc folder?
    It's not there, it hasn't successfully downloaded yet, it's a net new file from a new ruleset purchase. Other files download fine, but it sticks there, likely due to it being a large file as Trenloe mentioend above. And yes the progress bar progresses as it uploads the other files, but then sticks on this one.
    Last edited by The Canterbury Tail; October 19th, 2020 at 21:46.

Blog Entries
    Is that with the Hot Fix pushed today at 19:16 UTC?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post550315

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information