FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    When I did this for some reason it erased the user file all together. I do not know why so I looked online and its a rare issue. So I had to reinstall windows. This did fix the issue of the APP/Data folders being in the right locations. But unfortunately I'm still having the same issue where its not getting packages from FG server. I will back track and make sure FG is whitelisted and my firewall is not giving me any issues.

I tried Everything still nothing is working. I love use Fantasy Grounds. If anyone has anymore ideas on how I can fix this it would be great. My DM suggested to try Roll20 But we have all our assets in FG. We have been using FG since the COVID-19 pandemic. Before this we would handout every Sunday and we would play D&D all day. If I can't get Fantasy Grounds up in running. Our last hope would be Roll20. I don't want to use Roll20.

Sorry CX I don’t know what else to suggest. I still think it is something to do with the security settings used by your ISP, but I can’t say what that is since I have no direct experience with it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Lets do a quick recap just to make sure. Crazy move on my part and reinstalled windows. Then I disabled my firewall and my anti-virus. I went to Xfinity and disabled the Advanced Security. I installed the steam version, it gave me the 3.3.2 version of the updater. Inputted my CD key and my credentials for FG. This is what message I got. Screenshot (31).png. So I uninstalled all the steam files for FG. Downloaded the Webinstaller from the FG website. I got the same result. I Made sure I had the right locations for the Client and Data on the installer. Thank you again for dealing with this madness Zacchaeus

I think your best bet here might be to consider a VPN or upgrade to Unity. Whatever is causing your issue lies somewhere on your computer or on your router (the error is caused by something blocking FG from accessing the servers it needs to access in order to update). In the past the two main culprits have been Malwarebytes and Comcast et al when they introduced 'advanced security' measures.

A couple of other points - switching off AV can often mean that it isn't fully switched off. Some AVs still operate in the background even when disabled. As I said on Discord the updater issue and the failed connection test issues are separate (although somewhat related) but both could be caused by the same set of circumstances. One thing I never asked; have you checked that your anti virus software hasn't quarantined FG? Even if you made a rule in it if that was done after FG was installed it will be too late if the software has already been quarantined.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes please I did reinstall windows So I have nothing installed. But yes.

@Damned and @Zacchaeus - Is there a solution for this problem? I have a new player i wanted to intruduce to FG Classic, but after running the WebInstaller he get HandleCookieError. Stock Win10, no special settings in his router or Windows, standard windows firewall. And he is not from the US so it can't be an ISP problem (i am using the same ISP and everything works fine for me).

Ideas?

If it's a Network time out error message; then something between the updater program and the FG update web site (patch.fantasygrounds.com) is being blocked. It can be ISP-based, it can be router settings, it can be machine/OS firewall settings, etc.

In this case, make sure that the user's network settings are set to Private (not Public); and that they explicitly have allowed FGUpdaterEngine to access the Internet in Windows Defender and any other security software being used.

Regards,
    JPG

I rule out ISP issues, I have the the same company and not an issue there.

The strange thing is: player downloads the web installer and runs it, the admib windows comes up and he okays it. Then the Updater starts immediately, so there isn't even an install process happening that triggers Defender or makes it possible to allow traffic.
    We tried Unity, which installs just nicely and all, but there we run into the folder permissions problem. All in all it is quite a frustrating situation and I have a hard time convincing them of how great FG is, when even the installation doesn't work properly.

Thread Information