DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Theater of the Mind (Universal) Extension

Capture.PNG

Overview

Theater of the Mind Extension will be made available first as an extension for testing and feedback from the community. This will provide a new button in the top of the sidebar to open a frame to hold theater of the mind scenes. This can be combat, social interactions, chase, or whatever kind of scenes you can come up with to help run theater of the mind.

Features

Currently only one orientation is available and that is the East West setup. It will contain two columns, but when the frame is resized it will add or remove row slots (for those big scenes). The scene (image) can be changed on the fly, by drag n' dropping an image link on the frame. Friend or Foe icons can be dragged to the frame from the combat tracker to quickly add combatants to the slots. Combat actions, conditions, targeting, and visibility are available as well. Consider this frame as you would any other type of map when in a combat situation.

Installing

Download the file located in this post and navigate to the root directory of your Fantasy Grounds. This can be quickly navigated by clicking on the folder icon in FGC and FGU dashboard. Then place the file in your extensions folder and it will be available in the extensions selection prior to you starting your session.

Disclaimer

As with any test project, please back up your campaign prior to using the extension. Testing can cause issues that are unforeseen and may damage your data. Best to start a new campaign first to ensure your campaign doesn't get lost.

Feedback/Suggestions
    Please use this thread to track bugs and report them as well. If you have suggestions or comments, we would greatly appreciate them as well.

Updates
    *Can only test with one connection so may need verification
    • *Other player tokens are visible
    • GM only visible effects show on client

12/16/20
    • [Fixed] Debugs needed to removed

12/28/20
    • [Fixed] Images to function more in line with how FGU handles images.
    • [Added] Ability to change number of columns on frame itself

1/4/21
    • [Fixed] Error when attempting to resize frame in FGC

1/19/21
    • [Fixed] Base functionality within FGC/FGU

3/2/21
    • [Fixed] Errors when interacting with frame after latest ActorManager update

4/18/22
    • [Fixed] Error with retired ActorManager function.

10/15/22
    • [Fixed] Clean up of code and more in line with current FGU standards

12/11/22
    • [Fixed] Removed ImageManager as it was conflicting with the CoreRPG version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by superteddy57; December 11th, 2022 at 06:38.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Very cool!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Very nice indeed.

For those of you trying this out - a couple of things.

Don't drop images on a square. Also when dragging NPCs from the CT use the link button rather than the token as you would on a normal map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Nice!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Very cool. Love that you can drag the resize the window and get more slots.

Suggestions

- Add +Column / -Column buttons to the toolbar to add more columns.
    - Add a "Hide/Share" toggle. This would be useful for when a DM wants to set up a scene with a new image, drag NPCs on, and then "reveal" it all at once.
    - This might be total pie-in-the-sky wishing ... but if there was a way to label the columns, so you could label the middle ones "Melee" and outer columns "Ranged" or something else for other rulesets, etc. I can see this being highly useful for the upcoming Star Trek Adventures ruleset with it's unique Contact/Close/Medium/Long/Extreme ranges (especially for space combat). Obviously, this can PROBABLY be accomplished with some simple text tokens. But still, if possible, it would be cooler if you could actually have editable column labels.
    - When you have an image in the window and you drag a new image in ... it would be nice if the system automatically unshared the old image.

Just the ones I've thought of right away.

@Tyrannosaurus Vex I agree with what you posted and is on the list to expand from this to include your suggestions. They were certainly on my wishlist for this project as I am a huge theater of the mind kind of DM. It's the next step for this. Call this the foundation from where we will be expanding upon. Also, this will be universal to all CoreRPG based rulesets. I want to make this as generic as possible to allow any kind of scene and not just combat. Thanks for the feedback and will be taking notes for the next update to this. Keep them coming.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Very cool. Love that you can drag the resize the window and get more slots.

Suggestions

- Add +Column / -Column buttons to the toolbar to add more columns.
    - Add a "Hide/Share" toggle. This would be useful for when a DM wants to set up a scene with a new image, drag NPCs on, and then "reveal" it all at once.
    - This might be total pie-in-the-sky wishing ... but if there was a way to label the columns, so you could label the middle ones "Melee" and outer columns "Ranged" or something else for other rulesets, etc. I can see this being highly useful for the upcoming Star Trek Adventures ruleset with it's unique Contact/Close/Medium/Long/Extreme ranges (especially for space combat). Obviously, this can PROBABLY be accomplished with some simple text tokens. But still, if possible, it would be cooler if you could actually have editable column labels.
    - When you have an image in the window and you drag a new image in ... it would be nice if the system automatically unshared the old image.

Just the ones I've thought of right away.
    Also good for Shadow of the Demon Lords.

I'm already in love with this! I am having in issue with the background disappearing if I resize the window, and it doesn't restore unless I restart FG.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Thanks! I cannot see the background image in the Teather of the Mind window either. There is no image in the graphics folder.
    Last edited by Pepor; June 20th, 2020 at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepor View Post
    Nice! Thanks! I cannot see the background image in the Teather of the Mind window either. There is no image in the graphics folder.
    The instructions in post #1 indicate you add the image by dragging an image link to the window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information