FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Effects DC Section

Recently played a game in Unity and tried figuring out what the new DC section in the Effects menu does, but didn't do anything except somehow stop PERS and DMGO from working. I was hoping it would allow players to edit the flat check, or auto roll a DC, but no luck and didn't allow a save to be targeted. Does anyone have any clues how this new content works, how it is suppose to function, or a link to details? I have found anything yet.
    Last edited by GrimmStories; June 19th, 2020 at 08:33.

See the release 16 overview video - link in the first first post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-in-quot-live- Click "show more" under the video in YouTube to get links to the different sections - the last section covers effects and the new DC entry is discussed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also be aware that if you leave the DC field blank it will default to 15 for any effect that has PERS anywhere in it, so if you are using persistent damage for an effect that shouldn't end with a flat check (like poison), make sure to set the DC to 21 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    so if you are using persistent damage for an effect that shouldn't end with a flat check (like poison), make sure to set the DC to 21 or higher.
    Can you give some examples of this please? So I can better code for stuff like this. Thanks!

EDIT: That is, when something specifically uses "persistent damage" but doesn't have a flat check to end it. If you have something that is doing damage every round for a set duration then I'd recommend using ongoing damage DMGO, which doesn't have any flat check and runs it's course.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 19th, 2020 at 16:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Um, Ok I think there is a misunderstanding. In spells creation there is a option for Effects like in the video, but in the video in never goes over the new DC in the Effects menu. The menu I talking about is the magnifying glass to the right. It has the new DC which call Effect DC with the options being Fixed, Spell/Class DC, CL, CL/2, and Flat Checks. There is a Extra Traits under this. Hopefully I cleared up the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmStories View Post
    Um, Ok I think there is a misunderstanding. In spells creation there is a option for Effects like in the video, but in the video in never goes over the new DC in the Effects menu. The menu I talking about is the magnifying glass to the right. It has the new DC which call Effect DC with the options being Fixed, Spell/Class DC, CL, CL/2, and Flat Checks. There is a Extra Traits under this. Hopefully I cleared up the misunderstanding.
    I'm not clear on exactly what you're doing and what isn't working.

There might well be an issue. Please provide an example - screenshots will help a lot. Thanks!

screenshot issue.png

The menu to the right. Plz don't worry about the Sneak attack stuff.

Oh! I didn't know about DMGO, I've been using PERS instead.

I think there are a couple things that have abilities along the lines of "the persistent damage from this attack doesn't end until [some condition]", much like a couple things have an ability like that for Frightened, but it's not anything like common. I've mainly been concerned with poison, and for that I obviously should be using DMGO instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmStories View Post
    screenshot issue.png

The menu to the right. Plz don't worry about the Sneak attack stuff.
    Let's step back. Can you list what you're questions are and what issues you're having?

You mentioned that things stopped working, etc.. I'd like examples of that please.

There ae two issues, the first is I want to learn what the purpose of these new functions are and how to use it.

The second is when I tried using the function to change the Flat check it stop working correctly. An Example would be "PERS: 1d10 poison" and the DC set to Flat check to a number that would equal a pass on a Fort Save to auto remove the Poison damage, it just wouldn't work. Then I tried it DMGO to see maybe PERS somehow conflicted with the change I made and nothing happen. The GM could make his own work like in the video and they work fine, and when I used one I made before the patch it worked too.

Did that help?

Thread Information