FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 33 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Ok thanks, yes I did not copy the entire code in between deatmanager, I forgot to copy </setting> line at then end.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "copy the entire code" but the statement is fairly scary if taken verbatim. The ONLY thing you should be doing is editing the db.xml in notepad++ and removing that tag and its data. For example, if it was this...

Code:
    ... (tags before this tag)..
    	<deathmanager>
    		<npc_tokens>
    			<id-00001>
    				<npc type="string">npc.id-00004</npc>
    				<token type="token">tokens/Medium/c.png@Letter Tokens</token>
    			</id-00001>
    			<id-00002>
    				<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00017</npc>
    				<token type="token">tokens/Medium/c.png@Letter Tokens</token>
    			</id-00002>
    		</npc_tokens>
    	</deathmanager>
    ... (tags after this tag)...
    After you remove the tag it would be this...

Code:
    ... (tags before this tag)..
    ... (tags after this tag)...
    Anything else would likely result in the corruption of the db.xml file and likely FGU would then throw an error and default to your last valid backup of db.xml (of which there are likely many in your campaign folder) and you'd be back to old bad data still being there.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 23rd, 2020 at 15:22.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I meant that I left some bits out, so I wouldn't take up al lot of space in my post. But just to provide a simple example of what I was seeing, but of course I had a lot of more NPC that were in there.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    I meant that I left some bits out, so I wouldn't take up al lot of space in my post. But just to provide a simple example of what I was seeing, but of course I had a lot of more NPC that were in there.
    Cool. Hopefully that makes you never see the tokens getting replaced anymore. As I see it that tag should be empty unless you have an active death token in play on combat tracker. I could be wrong - but once I zapped mine I quit seeing the issue and every time I’ve bothered to check that tag it’s been empty.

Awesome we all love it!! That's promising to hear!

Getting this error in Unity when trying to make a Dex Save

unknown.png

Quote Originally Posted by bwatford View Post

unknown.png
    I have seen that error when it encounters a node that it can't really interpret well. Not having written the code I'm not really sure why it happens, but suspect if you have a less than pristine node definition regarding tokens - which FGU 100% will let you do as described here and in some of my extensions - then it has no way to handle the data node in question and tosses that error out.

I've never seen it stop "functioning" when it does or kill anything that is running. Is that what you are saying is happening?

For instance, if I create a custom NPC - it can have a token linked to it through an image tag in db.xml but will NOT have a <token> tag defined in it which somethings - like death indicator - required. The only way I've found to get a custom NPC to have that token definition is to drop it in combat tracker - delete the custom token - then drop the combat tracker into the custom token group replacing the previous one. THAT one will have a <token> definition in the npc.* db.xml definition.

Why? No clue. Complained about it and got zero commentary back on it.

Gist being, did anything bad happen or not work? Or did you just get the error?

For sure I know if you have no active death indicators in combat tracker its safe to completely delete <deathmanager> tag and its contents out of db.xml as that can cause issues with wrong tokens being put in combat tracker if something has gone wrong in the past (crash, etc.) where it could not delete or update an entry in a changed combat tracker entry.

Those are the only "wierd" thing I know about this extension. And the only parts I have taken the time to understand are the parts I've needed to change. Which is not much of it. And parts I needed to lobotomize because it was interfering with other things to support something I didn't want or need.

If you have a project created from scratch and can duplicate this issue - I'll be happy to look at it. But if its an old campaign with a ton of history and weird custom NPC defintions - then not much I can probably do to figure it out without duplicating the issue. And if its one if the issues I've mentioned above - then its out of my control to fix.

unknown.png
    Also is that 5E? I only use 5E and know nothing about the other rulesets.

It is in 5e... no death tokens were in the combat tracker at the time and this is the first time it has happened. Been running completely fine.

A player needed to make a manual Dexterity Save and every time he tried the error would come up and the save would not function.

I then tried to make it for him, and same thing happened. I tried removing him from the map and CT and then re-adding, same error.

I tried other players, same thing. All other saves andchecks are fine. It is confined to just DEX saving throws.

Off to check another campaign, to see if it was the latest update to FGU this evening.

I can confirm, it is an error in all the campaigns that use the extension. (tried 7 different ones)

I can confirm, it is an error in all the campaigns that use the extension. (tried 7 different ones)
    Will take a look tomorrow then - if you can tell me the exact thing you do to generate that particular save - problem.

Thread Information