DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 33 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Thanks ! I will give it a go in tomorrow's session!!

Hi, I found perhaps something that triggers this token swapping bug. When you leave your NPC enemies or Friendly in the Combat Tracker, then close and reopen FGs the token get swapped. I will also test it a little further in todays session.
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; August 22nd, 2020 at 07:59.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi, I found perhaps something that triggers this token swapping bug. When you leave your NPC enemies or Friendly in the Combat Tracker, then close and reopen FGs the token get swapped. I will also test it a little further in todays session.
    I do that all the time without the issue.

Did you delete deathmanager data in db.xml like I asked? Otherwise, your just playing with old corrupted data which nothing I do can fix. That is after you make sure nobody is dead in combat tracker per my previous post.

If however you did delete it first, then you may have something here.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 22nd, 2020 at 15:00.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Hi, sorry but I don't understand what I must delete, here is what I found when I unzipped the file.

I found 12 entries of the deatmanager, but don't now what parts to delete. Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 19.11.19.png

Hi, sorry but I don't understand what I must delete, here is what I found when I unzipped the file.

I found 12 entries of the deatmanager, but don't now what parts to delete. Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 19.11.19.png
    It's not code - open db.xml in your campaign folder with notepad++ (after you back it up). Then you'll see a bunch of XML tags.

Inside there you'll see something like this...

Code:
    <deathmanager>
    ... bunch of npc xml tags that have the bad data ...
    </deathmanager>
    You would delete that entire tag and contents out of your db.xml. What I believe happens is it puts entries in there when you have a death token displayed in combat tracker. And it is supposed to delete it out when its done with it. But if data gets leftover in there it is referencing it with id-# values which get reused. And that is the problem - if it sees those old bad values in there it will use them and those won't match the current combat tracker entry and put out the bad token from some previous one it failed to delete.

So my hope is that won't happen anymore in new build - but you have to delete the old bad stuff to test that out. For sure if you crash and somehow replace combat tracker stuff without death indicator up and running it could still happen. But that should be very rare. But once you get bad data in - then it stays.

If I get a chance to think on it and figure it out maybe I can add something to death indicators startup that deletes the tag or empties its contents if there are no death indicators active - but don't have that now.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 22nd, 2020 at 19:01.

Ok, I found them, would it be sufficient just to copy the db.xml as a backup?
    Or how would you recommend to make a backup?

I found the deathmanager data in the db.xml, so delete the word deathmanager + and everything between?

Sorry just want to be sure, not to mess it up, thanks for your help!

<deathmanager>
    <npc />
    <npc_tokens>
    <id-00001>
    <npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00007</npc>
    <token type="token">tokens/goblin_archer_shortbow_hood-Excolor1.png</token>
    </id-00001>
    <id-00002>
    <npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00008</npc>
    </id-00002>
    </settings>
    </deathmanager>

Copying is how you back up dB.xml - yes delete everything between and including <deathmanager> </deathmanager> tag it will be recreated next time.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 23rd, 2020 at 00:11.

Ok, I found them, would it be sufficient just to copy the db.xml as a backup?
    Or how would you recommend to make a backup?

I found the deathmanager data in the db.xml, so delete the word deathmanager + and everything between?

Sorry just want to be sure, not to mess it up, thanks for your help!

<deathmanager>
    <npc />
    <npc_tokens>
    <id-00001>
    <npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00007</npc>
    </id-00001>
    <id-00002>
    <npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00008</npc>
    </id-00002>
    </settings>
    </deathmanager>
    I should also note you have an impossible end tag </settings> in the middle of that xml node <deathmanager>

Ok thanks, yes I did not copy the entire code in between deatmanager, I forgot to copy </setting> line at then end.

Ok thanks, yes I did not copy the entire code in between deatmanager, I forgot to copy </setting> line at then end.
    The only thing that should be copied was the entire dB.xml file. Typically if I’m going to edit that file I copy the entire campaign sub directory someplace safe. Actually I do that after each weekly session just in case.

Once backed up - then if you mess up an edit you can easily recover.

For sure all I meant for you to do was back up your file before you went in and deleted that one tag and it’s contents.

Thread Information