DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 33 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey don't worry about that bug, I posted earlier the problem has completely disappeared .
    Don't know how, but since it was a FGU update that caused it perhaps a FGU update has fixed it?
    I keep getting a token replaced "once in a blue moon" with this thing. I've finally tracked it to this db.xml entry...

Code:
    	<deathmanager>
    		<npc_tokens>
    			<id-00001>
    				<npc type="string">npc.id-00004</npc>
    				<token type="token">tokens/Medium/c.png@Letter Tokens</token>
    			</id-00001>
    			<id-00002>
    				<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00017</npc>
    				<token type="token">tokens/Medium/c.png@Letter Tokens</token>
    			</id-00002>
    		</npc_tokens>
    	</deathmanager>
    Where you can see above the chair (npc.id-00004) has a C which is correct. But the vampire (combattracker.list.id-00017) somehow ALSO got the C and its not smart enough to realize that its wrong so uses it.

Not sure what triggers its use - or what put it in wrong to start with - or if at one time the chair was combattracker.list.id-00017 (very well might have been) - but I'm pretty sure when this bogus entry appears in your db.xml you will occasionally suffer the tokens switching out. I deleted the whole entry from my db.xml. It gets recreated empty - but the bad data is not repeated. If anyone can find what causes these <npc_token> to get populated and what error can cause them to get mismatched - then triggered to be used. I can fix it. But I'll need a duplicateable test case.

For sure if you get a token put in wrong in Combat tracker for an NPC - I suspect you'll find a mismatching entry in the above section of your db.xml. Replace the bad token and delete this entry. Will fix it till the next time puts it in scrambled.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 16th, 2020 at 19:33.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Nagging mystery this extension is, I wish I could help, but I am no coder, maybe the original creators could chime in?

Nagging mystery this extension is, I wish I could help, but I am no coder, maybe the original creators could chime in?
    Really just looking for steps to reproduce. Your the only other one besides me that's seen it. Something to do with creating a bogus NPC then having this trigger whatever populates that part of the db.xml wrong. Have no clue what does it as I can never get it to happen when I'm paying attention. All I know for sure is it IS this extension and its when it does not keep that combat tracker reference ID updated when it gets removed and reused.

I will try to play around with it, when I have more time, to see if I can recreate the error.

Will post here when I find something!

I will try to play around with it, when I have more time, to see if I can recreate the error.

Will post here when I find something!
    Alright - took another stab at resolving those issues including replacing back code in 4.7 that I think contributed to one of them. I originally removed that due to bad sourcelink possibilities - but really - not as bad an issue as the other things.

Problem is - the only way to prove this fixes anything in these hard to duplicate issues is to simply never see them again. Anyway - I tried.

Thanks SilentRuin! I will look at it Friday and test it in my upcoming session this Saturday to see if the issue has been resolved !

Thanks SilentRuin! I will look at it Friday and test it in my upcoming session this Saturday to see if the issue has been resolved !
    Since I can never seem to duplicate it when I'm looking for it - no idea if this resolved it. I do know that it if it happens you can get it to stop by making sure there are no active death indicators and deleting <deathmanager> tag via notepad++ in your db.xml (backing it up first of course). I suspect the bad entries get in there because something drops dead before it can remove the combat tracker ID - then something later comes by and reuses it as they are recycled a lot. Then ... well I have no clue. That's the problem Anyway, make sure <deathmanager> is deleted or empty before you start this test or you will just be suffering for past problems that got the bad entries in there to start with.

I posted on another thread. But I just tested both with the Death Indicator and Generic Actions extensions.

The errors are caused because there are xml comments between the opening <xml declaration tag and the opening <root tag. the XML parsing in Unity is more strict, and having comments between those tags is not allowed. By removing the comments from the xml files, both extensions were able to load just fine.

So this
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!--
    	File: extension.xml
    	Author: Cleveland E. Raymond (Valerian Stormbreaker)
    	Copyright © 2019 Slotware Gaming Technologies LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
    -->

<root version="3.0">
    Should look like this:
    Code:
    <root version="3.0">
    <!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
    -->
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I posted on another thread. But I just tested both with the Death Indicator and Generic Actions extensions.

The errors are caused because there are xml comments between the opening <xml declaration tag and the opening <root tag. the XML parsing in Unity is more strict, and having comments between those tags is not allowed. By removing the comments from the xml files, both extensions were able to load just fine.

So this
    Code:

<!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
    -->

<root version="3.0">
    Should look like this:
    Code:
    <root version="3.0">
    <!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
    -->
    Just delivered a new one - same comments - just different way of zipping the file.

Just delivered a new one - same comments - just different way of zipping the file. Give this a test if you would. Nothing changed except way I zipped the file. Evidently that was the cause of all this latest update grief.

Thread Information