DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 31 of 33 First ... 212930313233 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculi View Post
    Encountered a bug with this:
    Rolling a 20 on a death save throws an error. (disabled any other extension, didn't try a completely new campaign)

Code:
    [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1089: attempt to index local 'rRoll' (a nil value)
    Can be easily replicated with manual dice entry, but also happens when rolling normally.

Questions:
    Also, it seems like the death splatter/band aid are a bit large for most tokens? Or is this intended? (Looks like it uses 2x2 grid fields on 1x1 grid creatures)
    Maybe I missed it, is there an explanation for the options?
    I so hate this code (sigh). Once again this was caused by another chunk of FGU code this had copied verbatim into the extension which went out of date. For now I'm just going to update that code and not figure out - yet again - why the whole thing had to be copied just to get one tiny call in near bottom - it may be required but I suspect it could be done differently. For now I'm just fixing this sort of stuff as it's found - as I don't want to rewrite chunks of this code again in how I would do it myself. I've done enough of that. Thanks for finding the issue. Should be fixed.

V4.31 - Bug - code this had copied from FGU went out of date and caused an error on critical saves. Updated the code copy and fixed.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V4.32 - Update - I got annoyed that I could not drop any old token into my death indicator. Also that I could not have the orientation preserved and operated on. Fixed. Basically, if you have the death indicator module that comes with delivery - or have dropped a token into the assets Death preset window (button at bottom of assets) - then if you use one of those tokens or automatically let it pick it will place at 0 orientation and freeze it in place like always. But, if you drop just any old token into the death indicator token field (PC or important NPC) it will know this is not one of the module or preset ones and preserve the orientation when it replaces the death indicator token and allow you to flip it around and if you bring back the old token (make it not dead in CT wounds) then it will be at the orientation the death indicator was last at. It will also not be part of the preset/module automatically chosen death indicators. This allows me to create a burning star wars land speeder as my death indicator and preserve the orientation it was at when it blew up. Or whatever uses you might come up with.

Yeah this inherited extension that I've been butchering over the last years has no docs except the forum post notifying what was changed in this thread. I actually don't know always what it can do or not do - and then make it do it or rip out the code. If anyone wants to experiment around to determine all that it can do feel free to write a doc. I have enough to do just to maintain it. My policy is - works for me and how I'm using it - I'm good.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 15th, 2022 at 05:54.

So how do I get the latest version (V4.32). When I click on the lick below the post it goes to the first page which shows V4.5. I own the extension on Forge so will it automatically update?

Quote Originally Posted by fogcutter View Post
    So how do I get the latest version (V4.32). When I click on the lick below the post it goes to the first page which shows V4.5. I own the extension on Forge so will it automatically update?
    Not really sure I understand what your saying. Things on Forge update to your FGU extension directory (or vault for some) when you hit the application update button. Which is never RED unless FGU is updating - extensions you just have to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Not really sure I understand what your saying. Things on Forge update to your FGU extension directory (or vault for some) when you hit the application update button. Which is never RED unless FGU is updating - extensions you just have to hit it.
    Understood. I update regularly (at least once a week) and there have been several instances where the Forge updates did not update an extension to the latest version and I've had to go to GitHub etc. to grab the latest. If you say that Forge will update to V4.32 then that's great! Love the extension. Thanks!

4.33 - Bug - For years the blood splats have scaled incorrectly on certain maps. Fixed.

4.34 - Update - when dying FGU does not always update the vehicle (Incapacitated) or PC/NPC (unconscious and prone) when it should (wounds in CT field changing to live or dying/dead status). This will now properly insure those are added and removed. Prone does not get removed.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 17th, 2022 at 22:51.

Just noticed that while this works when doing wounds keyin in CT - it appears unconscious/prone are doubling up for attack/damage deaths. Which is weird because that code appears to check for duplicates - I'll have to look at it tomorrow.

V4.35 - Bug - Effects for death (see V4.34) were not being applied correctly causing duplicates. Fixed. Also added a new option "Insure Death Effects Applied" defaulted to "on" so that having death indicators insure FGU sets all the death stuff correctly can be turned off if desired. Also, insure that NPC death token if defined is shown even if not important NPC.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 18th, 2022 at 22:32.

A quick update (no version change) to not remove prone was added. It appears its always removed unconcious when anything in CT changes and its not dying - probably never noticed this. The option can be turned off to prevent this. In mean time I'll probably give it some thought as I've had enough trying to get this old thing working with those death statuses properly. Really FGU does them right unless you keyin the wounds field to change the status.

Thread Information