FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 33 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Oh lol.. now they change after rolling initiative... but I have a feeling this might fix itself in the future..
    Well I did notice that Death Indictator overwrites the complete applyDamage() function to add something I would never use (immune to death). That's a fairly substantial piece of code to overwrite for one minor feature nobody will probably use. If at some point that is a point of isssue - removing it outright would be simple enough. I for one will never use what it does in there.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Oh lol.. now they change after rolling initiative... but I have a feeling this might fix itself in the future..
    I would see if you can find some pattern or something. Again, I had this issue when I used a separate group for my NPC's per that link I had in my last post. It seemed to be fixed for me after the group bug was fixed. Have not seen switching Tokens since then.

For sure it was a mismatch in token lookups when I had my things stashed in a group I made that was different from the normal "All, uncatorgorized, etc." with the DM manual groups and such.

Thanks, I didn't have the time to look into it further, but will post back if I find a pattern to the conflicting extensions.

Hey don't worry about that bug, I posted earlier the problem has completely disappeared .
    Don't know how, but since it was a FGU update that caused it perhaps a FGU update has fixed it?

There is a conflict between this extenstion and Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance. This issue seems to occur when COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES is off, because of setting Failed Death Saves to 3 in function isCombatantDead.

Commenting the three calls to setDeathSaveFail which set the value explicitly to 3 seems to fix the conflict and I cannot see any adverse effects from the change.

Is there any chance you could make this change in your official release?

Quote Originally Posted by mlbrown View Post
    There is a conflict between this extenstion and Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance. This issue seems to occur when COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES is off, because of setting Failed Death Saves to 3 in function isCombatantDead.

Commenting the three calls to setDeathSaveFail which set the value explicitly to 3 seems to fix the conflict and I cannot see any adverse effects from the change.

Is there any chance you could make this change in your official release?

This is just a modification of others work I added stuff in I wanted. However, if you post the changed code here in a reply - I'll pull it down and if it works with the extensions I use and how we play with it then I'll be happy to update the page 1 of this post.

Or just the name of the file and a code snippet which I'll insert and try out.

{I specifically ask because I can't see any reference to setDeathSaveFail in this code. }
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 28th, 2020 at 21:41.

The change is in the function isCombatantDead. I had to change the extenstion from .lua to .txt to get the script to upload.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mlbrown View Post
    The change is in the function isCombatantDead. I had to change the extenstion from .lua to .txt to get the script to upload.
    Not sure why notepad++ fails to find searches sometimes which are obviously there - but I see it now doing diff on your file.

Tested as player (as testing as host is usually not going to find anything significant) and it all seems unaffected by the removal of those calls in PC's and NPC's. Updated Page 1 with new .ext - V 4.6 - comment in page 1 added also.

Good job - thanks. Can't promise I can fix all incompatibilities in extensions I'm involved with - but when I can I will.

[and please test it and let me know it works in here]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 29th, 2020 at 16:38.

Hey don't worry about that bug, I posted earlier the problem has completely disappeared .
    Don't know how, but since it was a FGU update that caused it perhaps a FGU update has fixed it?
    I have a new extension I've been working on for way to long - but just now got to a point where I could do a number of things and ....

Death indictators for absolute sure screws up tokens in some sort of timing thing when involved with NPC tokens and the NPC entries being deleted (usually outright deleted or replaced). If you do a bunch of them at once it 100% of the time screws up one or two of the tokens.

Also occasionally has code errors pop up where it tries to do something with a nil without checking for it.

At some point I'll try to narrow it down - but as I did not write this code I'm not making any promises it will be anytime soon. But rest assured - what you've seen on random token issues is PURELY this extension doing something badly involving deleting NPC tokens.

Put Debug.Console checks everywhere this stuff replaces a CT token (a lot of places) and now it doesn't happen. Definitely timing issue.

This is wrong... will figure it out tomorrow.

[8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sName' = s'Rat 12' }
    [8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] s'manager_npc_tokennHostAddNPC; update CT token'
    [8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] s'tokens/abominableyeti.png@DD MM Monster Manual'

That is one of the many overwritten rulesets they have in there (not the real thing). Likely something has changed since they wrote it.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 3rd, 2020 at 05:52.

Thread Information